Corsair Community

Intel 875PBZ MB with CMX256A 3200C2

redblanchard

I bought this new MoBo and the Corsair Chips but the system won't boot in windows. Keeps restarting over and over! Do I need to return the RAM for something else? Hope you can help. Intel Tech Support says they are NOT compatible! )I forgot to say at first I updated the BIOS, supposedly, but the BIOS shows a different number than the 'update' I got from Intel. So I don't know what happened there. The Update is BZ87510A.86A.0093.P22, but the one showing in the actual BIOS, after the update, is ----.0026.P05

• Corsair Employee
I would suggest that you download the bios again, and make the boot disk and flash the bios again. It sounds like it did not complete the flash. In addition, I would test the modules one at a time and using another system, would be suggested, if possible. You can use [url]www.memtest.org[/url] to test the modules.

I re-did the BIOS and now it shows the correct number, and Ramtest shows FSB of 199MHZ, not 800! Ramtest did report NO errors, though. This has happened with two seperate new motherboards, one ECS, and now this Intel. The RAM and CPU were the same in both cases, with identical results. (booting repeatedly, and never finishing.) Intel keeps insisting that your RAM is not supported, or at least, not on their "approved" list??

One more about Memtest: If it does not show the suposed FSB or RAM speed, does this simply mean that that is how fast Memtest goes, or is something wrong? My CPU is supposed to run at 800 FSB and RAM 400; but the Memtest is going at only 199 for both readings?

• Corsair Employee
First thing, 800 FSB on your CPU is four Single channel data paths running at 200 MHz, thus 800FSB! In addition, the chipset converts four single channel data paths to two double channel data paths at 200 MHz DDR = 400 MHz! The test program showing 199 MHz would not be unusual, as many MB makers add stability by under clocking the Freq a Few MHz. Just a thought, are you trying to do a carry over install on your new system? In other words, was the O.S. loaded on another MB and now you are trying to use it with this system?

Archived