Corsair Community

Returned RAM Same Problem

jonny_valentine

Hi, I returned my RAM to the USA, took 2 weeks to get new pair. (xms3200LLPT 1gb). Put it in my system after using crappy Kingston 256(but this worked at least), ran the memory tester before booting windows, and straight away it failed all the tests.. this is by SPD. So read on these forums and on google... i took off SPD settings, and manually entered cas:2, ras-cas:3, ras-precharge:2, act to precharge:6. Just as it says on corsair website and on [url]http://www.houseofhelp.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=8048[/url] Well, still errors. I have tried a different bios several times. I have an IC7-G abit motherboard. I wonder if it is to do with the bios setting 'Game Accelerator' in the latest bios? these settings look like they change the above values? I dont know but they are all on auto. 5mins just passed: Successfully ran the memory test with 2.5,3,3,6 .. but i dont want the memory this slow! I want the 2,3,2,6 it should be. Thanks, Jon

• Corsair Employees
Please load setup defaults and then set the timings manually and do not change the Game or performance options in the bios. Just leave them on AUTO or disabled, and set the Dim Voltage to 2.7 Volts!

Archived