Corsair Community

MSI KM2M and 256Mb DDR266 PC2100

DDB

My PC keeps crashing. Its a new build running XP home and I have 2 x 256Mb Corsair memory modules. The crashes are odd in that the screen goes blue - for an instant - with loads of error messages and address type numbers and then PC resets/restarts. It then does either 1 of 2 things: - either it hangs after it runs through the hardware list (1st screen) - or it goes through the first screen and then comes up with an eror message that the system file has been corrupted or is missing and that I need to repair or recover the file. Please help! Friends say it is likely to be corrupt RAM but the MSI website points to some non-standard RAM voltages that require BIOS changes. HELP! :confused:

• Corsair Employees
I would try MSI's forum as I have not seen this model of MB, but it sounds like the Dim Voltage might need to set to 2.6 or 2.7 Volts. Please check your manual as there should be a jumper or bios setting for the Dim Voltage! In addition, I would test the modules with [url]www.memtest86.com[/url] one at a time if you have more than one!

[quote name='In addition, I would test the modules with [url']www.memtest86.com[/url] one at a time if you have more than one![/QUOTE] Except that, in my arrogance, I thought "Bah! Floppies are obsolete and therefore I don't need one on my new build!" Can memtest work as a bootable CD?

Archived