Corsair Community

Hydrocool With a Pelt

vegasjef

Do you think that this thing would work OK with a pelt, and does anyone know of a bracket that would this thing in place over a pelt because it seems tight to me right now and if I added something extra, it'd be too much pressure.. Also has anyone tried to put a different waterblock on this puppy. It just seems so cheesy to me, but the perfomance is OK, I mean I juice the CPU with 1.85 volts and idle temp is about 35, with a block temp of 25. I'd love to get this thing down to 30 idle. Thanks for the help. ------------------------------------ ABIT NF7-S v2 Motherboard AMD Athlon 2500+(1800Mhz) OC'ed to 2.31 Mhz Radeon 9600 (325/200) OC'ed to 410/270 Anmd all the other fixings

[quote name='vegasjef']Do you think that this thing would work OK with a pelt, and does anyone know of a bracket that would this thing in place over a pelt because it seems tight to me right now and if I added something extra, it'd be too much pressure.. Also has anyone tried to put a different waterblock on this puppy. It just seems so cheesy to me, but the perfomance is OK, I mean I juice the CPU with 1.85 volts and idle temp is about 35, with a block temp of 25. I'd love to get this thing down to 30 idle. Thanks for the help. ------------------------------------ ABIT NF7-S v2 Motherboard AMD Athlon 2500+(1800Mhz) OC'ed to 2.31 Mhz Radeon 9600 (325/200) OC'ed to 410/270 Anmd all the other fixings[/QUOTE] --- vegasjef, Some of the review sites have done just that; swapped out the CPU block for another. :p: There was mixed results since the HydroCool uses low flow, large tubing and microchannel technology. :o: The best choice would be a DangerDen RBX block since it too is microchannel in their design. But you would have to take their word for it or spend the money yourself to evaluated each block that did or did not work. :sigh!: Maybe other people who have had previous H2O systems can mount their old blocks to the HC200 and report any news. Just a thought. :biggrin: Stev

• Corsair Employee
We do not have a bracket that would allow for the extra space needed to run a pelt system. You would have to modify the current bracket to allow for that space. If you are looking to use other blocks, I would suggest looking at those designed to work with 1/4" ID tubing. Using a product that is built to take advantage of high flow instead of low flow will end up getting you higher temps using the Hydrocool.

Archived