Corsair Community

No LED Flash on one stick of 2

tarchers

I just purchased a set of CM2X512-5400C4PRO from Fry's for a file server I am building. In using the memory with the case open, I noted that one of the sticks never displays any LED status, while the other does. If installed separately, one stick will always display a consistent set of LEDs but the other never displays anything on the LEDs.

I cannot see any post display currently on screen but there are not any POST beeps or LED flashes on the system to indicate a POST error. The drives are spinning up, CPU fan and other system fans are powered, just appears that one or both of the sticks does not get detected correctly or display any activity whether installed independently or with the other stick.

I have re-seated all other connections and components to same response. I will be trying alternate RAM and VGA card (instead of on-board video) tomorrow to try to get a different response. Does this sound like the path for filing an RMA if the system works with other components but not with this RAM pair or independently?

• Corsair Employees
It is very unlikely that both modules would fail at the same time. I would suggest testing the modules individually in the same memory slot. If one of the modules fails and the other works, then we will need to replace both of them for you. However, if you get errors with both of them, that would usually suggest some other problem.

Archived