wsw

What i doing?

1. Boot of

2. Disconnect all HDD's

3. Boot from Windows 98SE Floppy

4. fdisk, then create Primary 1400Mb and all of unused memory for Extended

5. Set C: active

6. format C:

And wat we see after logging to XP? 1400Mb of FAT32 and nothing else!

In this thread You write that's all we must doing for having two partitions - first for boot and second for storage.

I can't mount second with XP (set drive letter) and OS do not mount it automaticaly. Hence can't format it with os utility.

But i can change primary slots with Paragon Partition Manager, repluging device and use second for storage. For booting from flash this operation must be repeating back. :(:

It's crazy to do it averytime! And to install Paragon on non mine PC's!

Say what i must do for having two partition. one for boot, second for storage. It'll be best to have three partitions, third for private, encrypted with TrueCrypt volume. :o:

slots.jpg.39b49236bdc5903f6c6964405e241023.jpg

partitions.jpg.21f07185bb29f5278110ee688b4a605e.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
Yes. Now i create 4 partitions (more partitions does not allow MS architecture). Make bootable the first, place Grub4Dos. First partition is biggest, for storage, other 3 for OS'es. This all that XP may display disk, and i can copy transferable files. It's works, but works only in USB HDD mode. Not all MB support USB HDD mode, almost all new MB support USB ZIP mode. Grub4Dos can boot many OS'es and images.

• 4 years later...
I am sorry but Windows XP Does not suggest partitioning a removable drive. If you create a boot partition just make it the whole size of the drive.

Who cares, shouldnt we have the ability to do what we want with risks? I like how in another post, you suggest a utility that can brick your entire device, which is a much higher chance of messing up by partitioning a removable device! Really?!

Who cares, shouldnt we have the ability to do what we want with risks? I like how in another post, you suggest a utility that can brick your entire device, which is a much higher chance of messing up by partitioning a removable device! Really?!

And you necro'ed 5 year old thread to say that. :bigeyes::confused:

Archived