Corsair Community

AN7 compatibility with VS1GBKIT400) 1024MB (2X512) DDR400 PC3200

ppravier

Hi, I would like to know if the Abit AN7 motherboard supports the following Corsair memories : VS1GBKIT400 1024MB (2X512) DDR400 PC3200 This is a Corsair Value Select pack. I would also like to know what are its characteristics by the way.

• Corsair Employees
Should run great with this MB, and for the settings if that is what you are asking, BY SPD is suggested with Value Select. And please remember to set the memory Freq at 100% so it's in sync with your CPU for best performance!

[quote name='RAM GUY']Should run great with this MB, and for the settings if that what you are asking, BY SPD is suggested with Value Select. And please remember to set the memory Freq at 100% so it's in sync with your CPU for best performance![/QUOTE] Thanks for your answer. What is the difference with the vs1gbkit400c3 ? Does the VS1GBKIT400 has a CAS of 2.5 ?

Hi, thanks for your answers. I have a last question, as I have found a good price for the TWINX1024-4000PRO. These chips seems much better than the Value-Select I suppose, so I have the following questions : [list] [*]Is this pair of Dimms compatible with the AN7 [*]What are their specs ? [/list] Thanks.

• Corsair Employees
I would not suggest XMS4000 with AMD platform, XMS3700 and faster were made for Intel platform! You can follow the link in my signature and see the specs , but on Intel 250 Mhz at Cass 3-4-4-8!

Hi, Is the TWINX1024-4000PRO an XMS Ram ? I thought they were different things. To be honest I found the TWINX1024-4000PRO at nearly the same price than the VS1GBKIT400, which is why I am asking the question. I suppose the former goes significantly faster isn't it ? Have the TWINX1024-4000PRO ever been tested on AN7 ?

[quote name='RAM GUY']I would not suggest XMS4000 with AMD platform, XMS3700 and faster were made for Intel platform! You can follow the link in my signature and see the specs , but on Intel 250 Mhz at Cass 3-4-4-8![/QUOTE] Hi RAM GUY, I'm from Turkey/Istanbul. I also have AN7 and i'm very confused that which is the best memory solution for this MB? U know that AN7 have dual channel. Which one is more suitable for my MB? Corsair 3200LL 512 MB DDR-400 MHz-PC 3200- CAS2- (256MB X 2 [B]DUAL[/B]) Corsair XMS Pro DDR Ram 512 Mb. 400 Mhz, Ultra Low Latency 2-2-3-6-T1 To reach the best O/C (for this mb) which is better? Or could u suggest any other Corsair? (like XMS 3500LL) Could u range them (best O/C to stabil) Thanx in advice.

Hi, so let'summarise the situation. For virtually the same price I can either have : - VS1GBKIT400 - TWINX1024-4000PRO I would like clearly to know if the second one is superior in all aspects to the first one. I know the second one is rated to run at 250MHz instead of just 200 for the first one. But is the latency of these TWINX worse , even at 200MHz, compared to the VS1GBKIT400 ? If I buy the TWINX1024-4000PRO, why would it bad on my AN7 Mobo ?

Ram Guy, One more Question; how about Corsair TWINX 512 MB 500 Mhz. Dual DDR Ram and Corsair XMS PRO 3200LL? is it also avaible for this mobo and pls compare 3200LL , Corsair TWINX 512 MB 500 Mhz. Dual DDR Ram and Corsair XMS PRO 3200LL. p.s. my cpu s Barton. Thanx again.

• Corsair Employees
Again, XMS4000 is really intended for Intel platform! You would get better performance with the MB and CPU you are using with our Value select at their default settings. However we do make Twinx1024-3200Pro that would be a great choice for the MB you have. In addition, I would suspect some mistake on the web site as XMS4000 Pro is about 2 times the cost of our Value select 400 at the same size or for 2 512 Meg modules!

[quote name='RAM GUY']Again, XMS4000 is really intended for Intel platform! You would get better performance with the MB and CPU you are using with our Value select at their default settings. However we do make Twinx1024-3200Pro that would be a great choice for the MB you have. In addition, I would suspect some mistake on the web site as XMS4000 Pro is about 2 times the cost of our Value select 400 at the same size or for 2 512 Meg modules![/QUOTE] Thanks for this determining info. Indeed the website is probably wrong, as they sell the ValueSelect for a very good and fair price as well, which makes the XMSPRO4000 Pro a huge bargain. However if I place an order they have to honour it, so ... But as you say that it will not be as good (which is still surprising to me) then I'll ge the ValueSelect ones).

• Corsair Employees
[QUOTE]But as you say that it will not be as good (which is still surprising to me) then I'll ge the Value Select ones).[/QUOTE] This would be at the default settings for each module: VS512MB400 Cass 2.5-4-4-8 at DDR400 XMS4000 Cass 3-4-4-8 at 250 MHz, however since the AMD platform will not run over about 220-230 MHz you would not be able to take full advantage of the speed of these modules with this MB and CPU! You are welcome to use them, if they are the same price that would be a great buy, however they may not run as well because the timings are set at a more relaxed setting.

Hi RAM GUY, I promise that this is the last question :) CMX512-3200LLPRO (Corsair XMS Pro DDR Ram 512 Mb. 400 Mhz, Ultra Low Latency 2-2-3-6-T1) [url]http://www.xbilgisayar.com/content_files/prd_images/RAM/CMX512-3200LLPRO.jpg[/url] or twinx512-3200LL [url]www.corsairmicro.com/corsair/products/[/url] specs/twinx512-3200ll.pdf which one is better for O/C (for my pc)? i guess twinx3200LL (because of dual ch..) what do u think about it? 3200llpro is for especially P4 platforms? Thanks. P.S. Mobo = AN7

Archived