Corsair Community

Broken plastic holders for cpu block on Socket 775

AsubstanceD

I had to send back my Nautilus to have it repaired as it was making an awful buzzing sound. Anyway in taking it out 2 of the plastic things that hold the cpu block in place broke. I have emailed them to tell them that this happened and that I could do with a replacement of these. I was just wondering if they cannot provide new ones is there somewhere I can buy a new set? I am hoping I won't have to buy a new block just because I broke those things!

• 2 weeks later...
I would also like to find some replacements for the 775 bracket holders. I had to replace a motherboard and they just are not holding right after being removed. Only 3 of 4 are actually spreading enough to grab the bracket and hold it.... I am willing to pay for them since it was not really a defect (it just appears they are 1 use items if you are not really really careful taking them off).

• Corsair Employees
(it just appears they are 1 use items if you are not really really careful taking them off).

We use the Nautilus in our lab on most of our test systems, where we swap boards out very frequently. We normally will just use pliers on the backside of the board to pinch the plastic standoffs and the whole waterblock assembly will come right out and be ready to be installed in a new system. Please contact our Customer Service for a replacement set!

Archived