Corsair Community

PC2700 memory for ASUS A7N8XDeluxe MB

notcharred

System is mainly used for gameing. A7N8XDeluxe MB AMD 2500+ 333front side bus ATI RADEON 8500 graphics card MB bios ver.1007 on board sound,lan Maxtor 160GB SATA HD What would be the best memory for this system. Want 1GB, should I use matched 512mb strips? Thank You! notcharred

• 4 weeks later...
[quote name='RAM GUY']Twinx1024-2700LL would be what I would suggest![/QUOTE] Thank You for your recommendation. I have Twinx1024-2700LL on order. When I install it, should I use AUTO or SPD in the bios setting. Thank You! notcharred

[quote name='RAM GUY']I would just set the timings manually to Cass 2-3-2-5 with the Rass to Cass set to "3" and set the Dim Voltage to 2.7 Volts and you should be good to go![/QUOTE] Memory arrived today, would like to verify settings CPU Ext Freq : 166 CPU Freq Multiple : AUTO System Performance : User Defined Memory Freq : 100% Memory Timings : User Defined Active Precharge Delay : 5 Ras to Cas Delay : 3 Ras Precharge Delay : 2 Cas Latency : 2T DDR Reference Voltage :2.7V Is there anything else I should check? Thank You! notcharred

• 2 weeks later...
Every seventh or eighth start up I get "system failed memory test" .This is the second set of boards(I have two identical systems) because the first pair would fail memory memory test every other boot, is there a problem with these boards performing with most any memory? Thanks notcharred

• Corsair Employees
Well I have 2 of the same MB's at my home and I get the same issue, about every 10th boot I get that same error. However, the system will pass any memory test I have run on them. I would first make sure the system will pass [url]www.memtest86.com[/url] and if so and the system is stable. I would not worry about it. But, please test the system to be sure!

Archived