Corsair Community

Computer fails to boot; Twin2x2048-6400C4Pro

bprogar

I purchased 4 gigs of the XMS2 Twin2 6400 C4Pro memory, and upon installation, my computer beeps giving me the message that I am having a power error. My motherboard is a Gigabyte GA-965p-S3 and my power supply is a BFG tech 650 watt. What is the problem. The lights on the memory sticks light up, and i tried installing only one set to see if it would work. I also tried increasing the voltage on the ram to +.4 and that still didn't work. Could it be that my memory is not compatible with my motherboard, or do i possibly have a bad stick?

When installing one of the two pairs, my computer did not beep, nor did it start up; there was a power-up, but a blank screen.

• Corsair Employees
Please make sure that you have the latest BIOS for your motherboard and then load optimized defaults and set the Memory Voltage to 2.1v (+.3v on Gigabyte) and then set the timings to 4-4-4-12 (CAS-tRCD-tRP-tRAS) and then test the modules one at a time. If you still get errors, we will be happy to replace them! However, if you get errors with multiple modules that would suggest some other problem and I would test them in another system or MB to be sure.

Archived