Corsair Community

The vaunted Corsair service: Where is it?

Roger Wilco

Two unanswered emails, and twenty-two days later, I am still waiting for Corsair's RMA department to email me with details regarding my HydroCool replacement. This is despite over four emails to Cool Guy, and his assurance that he would make sure "it gets done". I believe I've been more than patient, and I have allowed approx. a week between the last two unanswered emails. It seems being polite is going to get me nowhere, so - pull your finger out Corsair, you're on the verge of permanently losing a customer (yeah, yeah, big threat, I know). No regards, Roger

I was in the same boat as you. I got so fed up, I got an RMA from Newegg for my unit, citing non-existent customer support, and no way to get spare parts. However I just got a reply from CoolGuy today. He says he hasn't been getting my e-mails. Be patient, things seem to be looking up. I suspect Corsair may have imposed a gag order until the new version of HydroCool ships, so it's not CoolGuy's fault. I don't think this is the best way of going about things myself.

[quote name='Clevor']I think parts are in short supply right now.[/QUOTE] If that's the case, you'd think it would just be easier to let us know that, instead of ignoring us completely - pretty ironic how they're crapping on about their great customer service on the Corsair homepage, yet we can't even get a reply to a simple email. Maybe if I used some profanity, we might actually get someone from Corsair to come to these forums! *gasp!* Then again, all that will probably happen is I get censored and they keep ignoring us... *shrug* Roger

Well, just after I send off an irate email to Cool Guy (with MSGTAG on this time, hehe) an email from Corsair arrives in my inbox! (Love the timing!) Corsair have not only offered to replace my HydroCool with a HydroCool EX, they've offered to pay the shipping both ways :D: Well I'm happy to say I've spoken to soon, I'm much placated by this offering from Corsair. Cheers guys! Regards, Roger

[quote name='Roger Wilco']Well, just after I send off an irate email to Cool Guy (with MSGTAG on this time, hehe) an email from Corsair arrives in my inbox! (Love the timing!) Corsair have not only offered to replace my HydroCool with a HydroCool EX, they've offered to pay the shipping both ways :D: Well I'm happy to say I've spoken to soon, I'm much placated by this offering from Corsair. Cheers guys! Regards, Roger[/QUOTE] Good things come to those who wait.... You have a good amount of patience and it looks like it paid off. If you had been nasty with them I doubt they would've been so cool with the upgrade and shipping offer. I own a cellphone store and when people are patient with things that go wrong I ALWAYS give them way more than expected.....

• 3 weeks later...
Well Roger, I'm glad your issue was taken care of. Update on mine: after Coolguy contacted me by e-mail over two weeks ago, no further response. I e-mailed him twice more. Nothing. I guess I will send the same e-mail daily till I get a response. What a Dr. Jekyll, Mr. Hyde customer service this is! Does anyone notice this forum is going downhill? I mean, there are memory questions being posted here now. Look! Isn't that a tumbleweed I see rolling along in the distance? :rofl: I mean when someone has to post a link on where you can get the quick disconnects for the HC200 . . . I will keep my humor and my cool for two more weeks . . .

[quote name='Clevor']Well Roger, I'm glad your issue was taken care of. Update on mine: after Coolguy contacted me by e-mail over two weeks ago, no further response. I e-mailed him twice more. Nothing. I guess I will send the same e-mail daily till I get a response. What a Dr. Jekyll, Mr. Hyde customer service this is! I will keep my humor and my cool for two more weeks . . .[/QUOTE] Clevor, In searching this forum, I found the Corsair Customer Service forum. This will work with the HydroCool since it is one of their products. CoolGuy even recommends it. Give it a try, it can't hurt any. [url]http://www.houseofhelp.com/forums/s...=&threadid=6286[/url] Sorry that you are waiting on tumbleweeds, I would be too under your situation without any feedback. CoolGuy has been on vacation and out of town on business. Thus, just sending him e-mails is just that, his in box will only fill up. If you use the proper Corsair Customer Service forum, you will receive the vaulted service that Corsair is known for with a complete staff. CoolGuy has even stated to use this when he isn't around. With so many HC's sold, the small failures that do turn up do get priority by Corsair's Customer Service rather than answering general questions in the forum or by e-mail with just one person. The other topics in this forum that had issues was handled quickly and promptly by the Customer Service people. Stev

[quote name='Clevor']I think parts are in short supply right now. I imagine they will be more widely available end of March. If you notice, hardly anybody has any units in stock. Newegg has no ETA at the moment.[/QUOTE] Clevor, What kind of spare parts are you looking for??? :p: Stev

[CODE]What kind of spare parts are you looking for??? [/CODE] I've been trying to get a spare cooling block for my AMD rig; since I have the original HC200 and my block in not entirely flat, I think I qualify for the newer one which is lapped and polished at no charge. As the flat surface is not critical on the smaller AMD die, I figure I can keep that. I also need everything else except the cooling unit so I can swap over at will. Ironically, I see HC200 spare parts selling at a store in Japan. For some reason, the quick disconnects are only sold with a spare tubing kit that runs $55. They do not come with the cooling block (which also comes with tubing) for $35. ??? By the time I buy both parts including the kit for the interface card, you're talking the total price of another HC unit. So far I can't even get pricing or availability of the parts in the U.S.! I e-mailed the [email]info@corsair.com[/email] address and got a reply. They asked what I wanted and told me I can get it at vendors in the U.S. like Newegg (no way; Newegg no longer had the HC200 listed). I replied with what I wanted and got no response. But thanks for the info Stev. I will try the customer service forum.

I found this place that has the spare parts kits.........but boy they cost alot.....I wouldn't pay those prices. There has to be a better and cheaper way to get spares. [URL=http://www.computerhq.com/products/parts-brand-Corsair-cat_id-57.html]http://www.computerhq.com/products/parts-brand-Corsair-cat_id-57.html[/URL]

Shoot, those are the same prices as Japan with the yen rate. I might as well get the stuff in Japan and get the connectors through U.S. Plastic, 'cept CoolGuy said I am entitled to a replacement block. That company charges an arm and a leg for freight to FPO AP too. Oh well, I'll see what the stuff costs from Corsair, or I may just RMA my entire unit for the EX version.

[quote name='Clevor']Shoot, those are the same prices as Japan with the yen rate. I might as well get the stuff in Japan and get the connectors through U.S. Plastic, 'cept CoolGuy said I am entitled to a replacement block. That company charges an arm and a leg for freight to FPO AP too. Oh well, I'll see what the stuff costs from Corsair, or I may just RMA my entire unit for the EX version.[/QUOTE] Clevor, I can see your point if your cooling two processors. The HC was not targeted to the dual processor market, but since it can cool up to 200W of heat load, then having just two processors being cooling should work fine. ;): I guess, like everything, if you want the second block and tubing, you'll have to pay. Not exactly what you want to hear. :sigh!: Hope that you can work things out with Corsair. :biggrin: Stev

I've been looking around at different prices the past few days and those prices aren't really to far out of line (a little high maybe). But for the new Koolance blocke you'll pay around $60 and that's without hoses, for good quality hose you can expect to pay around $1.50 a foot or more. So all in all not all that bad of prices. Still a little high I think at that one retailer, but there has to be more out there with a better deal. That one I listed was somewhat higher on just everything I looked at. Now just if Newegg.com would start carring all the Corsair parts, we would be in heaven. Oh, I forgot to say that Newegg does still have the Hydrocool listed...... :eek:

[quote name='stev']Clevor, I can see your point if your cooling two processors. The HC was not targeted to the dual processor market, but since it can cool up to 200W of heat load, then having just two processors being cooling should work fine. ;): Stev[/QUOTE] Actually, I won't be cooling two processors at the same time. I have a separate AMD and Intel rig, so by equipping each with it's own cooling block and interface card, I can easily switch cooling units via the quick disconnects. If you haven't tried it, removing the coolant block from the case is a lot of work as you have to cut the connectors off, since they won't pass through the PCI card slots on the back of the case. What I did with two cases is cut through the back panel that separates two slots (a tin snip will do), so I can bend it back and slide the connectors through. I just duct tape that one side of the panel back. It really doesn't support a load so not a big deal. This way I can change the cooling block/hose/connectors in one piece. I got a reply from CoolGuy today. Only problem is Corsair does not ship FPO AP so I have to have it forwarded from somewhere in the States. I might get three cooling blocks, including one for my RDRAM rig, as I could use an extra 5-8 mhz there. Got a couple of SL6RZs that do 184 or so, so the extra mhz would be nice at 3X on the RDRAM :):. "But for the new Koolance blocke you'll pay around $60 and that's without hoses, for good quality hose you can expect to pay around $1.50 a foot or more." I agree, the prices on stuff by Koolance or Swiftech is highway robbery. The HC200 block does include some sort of special ether hose, plus a temp probe is included and it's preassembled.

[quote name='Clevor'] I agree, the prices on stuff by Koolance or Swiftech is highway robbery. The HC200 block does include some sort of special ether hose, plus a temp probe is included and it's preassembled.[/QUOTE] Clevor, The tubing has the manufacture tubing type name of, "Superthane". A quick internet search should assist you in finding the manufacture. I'm at home right now and can't access that info now. The Superthane was chosen due to permability and durable wall construction. The recommended tight bend is 2-1/2 inches prior to any kinking. Plus, the oietker <sp?> clamps are designed to work well with this tubing. We had recently looked again into PVC tubing, but they tend to be gummy and take oval shape when clamped to a barb-fitting. No good if you desire a no leak connection. If you wanted to build your own setup for the other two machines, I had the info posted on a thread about the U.S. Plastics: Colder-Quick Disconnect Couplers. Then you can look for micro-channel blocks like the White-water or the Danger Den RBX. Since the inner guts to the HC uses 3/8" tubing, you mate 3/8" couplers to 3/8" tubing and a 3/8" barb-fitting cold-block. The couplers on the back of the HC are 3/8" and they have the 1/4"'s plug into them from the cold-block tubing. If processors get hotter, the HC EX could get a 3/8" cold-block and be called the HC FX like AMD has the hot FX and Intel's HOTTER Prescott. Clevor, the really nice thing the HC has over the Exos is that the user like yourself can do more modd'ing with the HC. The Exos is just stuck with it's configuration layout with no thought for future modd'ing growth by the user. The guts use small tubing and fitting sizes on the reservoirs and HX. The pump is not durable to last a few decades like the Bosch in the HC. You can only go so far and so long with fish pumps. I did enjoy reading a person's modd'ing of placing the HC into a college dorm size fridge. That's some place here in the threads. Good Night ... Stev

Archived