Corsair Community

MSI K7N2-L and Corair memory

Halo11

I have an MSI K7N2-L motherboard and a AMD XP2200 processor. I'm looking for the correct memory setup to complement my existing setup. I currently have a CMX256A-2700LLPT 256MB DDR333 PC2700 installed and need to get to at least 768 or 1GB RAM. Tried adding 512MB of CMX512-2700C2PT DDR333. The PC booted up but kept throwing errors at me once windows was running. Could anyone advise what's going wrong and what I need to do to get the system to work at 768MB to 1GB of Ram? Also, could you recommend the best memory for this processor. Thanks

• Corsair Employees
These 2 modules may work, but I would suggest setting the timings manually to Cass 2.5-3-3-7 and set the Dim Voltage to 2.7 Volts. I would suggest if possible you use these in another system and just get a Twinx1024-2700LL for this system.

[quote name='RAM GUY']These 2 modules may work, but I would suggest setting the timings manually to Cass 2.5-3-3-7 and set the Dim Voltage to 2.7 Volts. I would suggest if possible you use these in another system and just get a Twinx1024-2700LL for this system.[/QUOTE] Thanks RAM Guy. If I take out the existing RAM and install Twinx1024-2700LL, do I need to install them in specific Dimm slots to get the most out of them? Also do I need to tweak the settings manually at all? Thanks again - v helpful so far:0)

[quote name='RAM GUY']Just get the latest bios and then load setup defaults and that would be all you should need to do, however I would suggest setting the Dim Voltage to 2.7 Volts.[/QUOTE] Just one other quick question. If I get 512MB of Twinx, would this work with my existing CMX256MB? Thanks!!

• Corsair Employees
Yes, however you may need to set the timings manually to Cass 2-3-2-6 and set the Dim Voltage to 2.7 Volts and you would have 768 Meg total. You might be better to get one 256 Meg and one 512 Meg and then install the 2 256 Meg sticks in slots 1-2 and then the 512 Meg in slot 3 for 1.0 Gig of ram. Moreover at worst you may have to relax the timings since they are not matched.

Archived