Corsair Community

crash P4P800 + Twinx 2x256 PC 3700

oliv55

Hi, is there some problem using P4P800 deluxe with twinx 2x256 pc3700 ? My system crash and reboot sometime when I charge it (DL + burn + RAR...). I have 2.75v for the ram, and 1,55v for the cpu. Does I have to manually configure the bios to solve my pb, and in witch way ? Thank's for your help (and sorry for my poor English).

• Corsair Employees
No, there should not be any problem with these modules and this MB, please try and set the memory timings manually to Cass 3-4-4-8 and see if that helps. If not please test the modules one at a time with [url]www.memtest.org[/url] and please disable Legacy USB support in the bios when running Memtest.

Hi Ram Guy, Everything seems ok since 2 days, no crash since using 3 4 4 8. I also manualy validated the dim frequency on 400 Mhz, and "boost memory performances", always ok. For my information, can you tell me if there is a gain to improve the FSB frequency, actually I have 234 Mhz X12 (12 is locked, I can't decrease or increase this parameter), and I ask myself if it should not being more interesting to have 400 Mhz X 7, to have the same FSB frequency that the dimm frequency. I'm not an expert, my questions perhaps seems you rookie, sorry by advance ! Thank's for your help.

I think I understand what you explain me. The PC 3700 modules are ready for 466 Mhz, so at 233 Mhz for the FSB frequency, I'm just on the good trig for my association betwen my memory and my cpu wich is a P4 2,4C OC to 2,79 Ghz ? Is it right ? Here is the list of my actual Bios parameters, can you tell me if you see something possible to improve in the way to get the best of my Ram ? - CPU External Frequency = 233 Mhz - DRAM Frequency = 400 Mhz - AGP/PCI Frequency = Auto (others items possible 66.66/33.33 or 72.73/36.36 or 80.00/40.00) - DRAM CAS# Latency = 3.0 Clocks - DRAM RAS# Precharge = 4 Clocks - DRAM RAS# to CAS# Delay = 4 Clocks - DRAM Precharge Delay = 8 Clocks - DRAM Burst Lenght = 4 Clocks - DRAM Idle Time = Auto (others items possible 0T or 8T or 16T or 64T) - DRAM Refresh Rate = Auto (others items possible 15,6µs or 7,8 µs or 64 µs or 64T) Thank's by advance for your precious help RamGuy !

Archived