Corsair Community

Abit AN7

t3cobra

[quote name='RAM GUY']What CPU speed will you use? If the CPU FSB will be 166/200 FSB I would suggest Twinx1024-3200LL and if it will be 133FSB I would suggest Twinx1024-2700LL.[/QUOTE] I have the amd 2600 barton that is 333fsb 640 cache but I may decide to sell that new processor and instead get the amd 3200. Thanks for the quick reply Mike

• Corsair Employees
You might check some of the fourms like [url]www.overclockers.com[/url] and check the CPI ID to make sure it's not locked. and if the one you have is not locked I would keep it. And use Twinx1024-3200LL.

Thanks Ram guy, I did just what you recommend and found I have an early 2600+ Barton with the 640cache and it is unlocked built week 13 of 03 Steeping code AQXDA. I will order the memory unless there is one better? Thanks so much Mike

[quote name='RAM GUY']I would go with Twinx1024-3200LL and you should have a great running system![/QUOTE] Thanks again Ram Guy. I am purchasing tonight, do I need registered or ECC memory? Will this type memory slow down my system? I really don't play games but I do a lot of spreadsheet and database work and I love to overclock. Thanks Mike

• Corsair Employees
No! The [URL=http://www.abit-usa.com/products/mb/techspec.php?categories=1&model=158]ABIT AN7[/URL] is based on Nforce2 and will not support registered memory. Please use the part# I gave you with No "R" or "RE", Twinx1024-3200LL!

[quote name='RAM GUY']No! The [URL=http://www.abit-usa.com/products/mb/techspec.php?categories=1&model=158]ABIT AN7[/URL] is based on Nforce2 and will not support registered memory. Please use the part# I gave you with No "R" or "RE", Twinx1024-3200LL![/QUOTE] Will do - Thanks Again - buying from newegg.com Mike

Archived