Corsair Community

Bad ram, AGAIN!

Bostoneo

This is the 2nd time i've purchased corsair ram and had it basically be faulty upon install and I am beginning to question the quality of corsair ram anymore. I was just wondering why ram seems to be faulty so much.

I recently obtained a pair of TWIN2X2048-6400 sticks and stuck them in my computer and booted up. No later than 5minutes I get applications faulting, blue screens of death, and windows freeze ups on Windows XP 64-bit edition. However, if I removed the ram, everything would function as it has been perfectly for the past 2 months since the creation of the pc. This was further verified through a technician testing the memory, which basically doubled the price of the RAM in the end, resulting in a not so great deal/quality on corsair's part.

So, I ended up RMA'ing yet another pair of ram sticks to corsair... Why is it with the faults so much in corsair ram?

Sincerely,

John

I'm not quite sure which program(s) he used, but he showed me on the screen that the program found problems.

I replaced my single 256mb stick of ram with these 2x 1gig sticks of TWIN2X1025-6400 5-5-5-12

Gigabyte 965P-DS3 Rev 3.3

Antec True Power Trio 650W

Intel Core 2 Duo 6750

The corsair memory listed above

Archived