Corsair Community

Hx620w

Motwan

Ok i have a few concerns.Frist I have an Abit IP35 and a E6420 running with 2gb DDR2 1066 and everything seems fine except one thing.Voltages.When i was using my powerstream 520 my 12+ voltages in the bios were 12.09v and the +3.3v and +5 voltages were 3.34v and 5.02v.But with the HX620 they read 11.85v/3.26v/4.924v.I know that software readings arent really accurate but why is there such a big difference. The system seems stable so i know i shouldnt worry but i cant help wondering how a much more powerful psu can give lower voltage readings in the bios and with Everest Ultimate Edition and Abit's EQ program .

And one more problem the stickers on my psu are peeling off and it looks like crap.This is a 2 week old psu and this shouldnt be happening.Is there anyway i could get a new set of stickers for my psu.The big ones on the side of the psu that say HX620

561101037_untitled(Large).thumb.JPG.8184b16a3f83be8c886740564eafaa98.JPG

The system seems stable so i know i shouldnt worry but i cant help wondering how a much more powerful psu can give lower voltage readings in the bios and with Everest Ultimate Edition and Abit's EQ program.

For all we know your previous psu's +12V rail was running at 12.24V (2% over and within the 5% ATX spec) which means your Corsair's 12V rail is 12V. ;): Purchase an inexpensive DMM to test the rails if it helps put your mind at ease.

Yes, get a DMM. Software/BIOS readings can't be trusted, they can show you anything. Like on my old computer, the 12V read as 1.6V, which of course is totally wrong, that would have meant the computer wouldn't have worked at all. Measuring it with a multimeter showed the correct value, which was nearly 12V. (11.98-12.02V).

Yeah Santa will be bringing me a DMM for Christmas.Thanks guys.I know this psu is more than strong enough thats why i bought it.I plain on running 2x8800GTS 320mbs with it soon as i can figure out what SLI board i want

Also anyone know who i would contact to get a new set of HX620 sticker's?I know its a crazy request but mine are peeling off really bad.One came off completely and i had to gety some glue to put it back on and it looks like crap.

• Corsair Employees
If the readings you got were accurate, the PSU would still be operating well within spec. A DMM will definitely give you the best results, but as long as the rails are within +-5% of the voltage of the rail, there should be nothing to worry about.

Archived