Corsair Community

Light Pump Fan not working.

suka5168

My H200 just quit today. The LED and temps read ok and the alarms sounds. But the light fan and pump is not working... Check wires and hose , connection still no function.. disassembled all conections and reinstalled unit still nothing. Is there a relay that is bad or cables pins not in contact?(sprayed contact cleaner still nothing) Shaking the PCI board side somtimes starts the unit but dies in a few seconds. PUZZLED????? Volt meter PCI side at molex= 12v+... H200 side no voltage, but LED ontemp read ok Been running fine since JUlY .

[quote name='suka5168']by the way My PSU is 560w so power is plenty enough Anyone have a diagram on the cable pins?[/QUOTE] Suka5168, Attached is a typical Molex Power cable pin illustration. ;): The 12V side should power the FAN, PUMP, and BULB. The 5V should power the logic board and display. You did mention that you are getting the 12V at the PCI bracket connector. Are you getting that through the cable to the HydroCool external box??? The cable is straight through and not a twisted pair type. So, each pin should check out the same on each end of the cable. If you are getting 12V through the external cable, then the next step could be simple. Others have mentioned that the hot glue on the logic board may be holding the connection loosely, but just touching. If you can wiggle this connector back into place, the unit should power back on the FAN, PUMP, and BULB wire harness. What every you do don't take off the connectors all at once. They each have certain pins at different voltages and functions. Sort of like not messing around with the spark-plug wires without having a diagram for the firing order. :bigeyes: There is an internal cable that starts from the back of the HC to the logic board. It has many colored wires in a black nylon mesh sleeve. Not sure what-is-what in that cable. :(: Cool Guy should have that answer. :cool: Careful poking around in the unit if you're still under warrenty. Simple testing with a volt meter should be safe. :p: Stev

• Corsair Employees
Are you using the extension cable that came with the Hydrocool unit? Is the fan on the radiator still running? If only the light and pump are not running the lose connection may be on the PCB board in the front of the unit. Let me know. Thanks!

Thanks stev.. checked all connection large or small for fit ,even examined all solderpoint on all resitors and caps etc. Sprayed contact cleaner on all conections and plugs. Nothing!! COOL GUY The fan does not run. It seems as if the black brown and red should be +12v on the bundle of wires running from the backof the unit. I get 12v on the PCB side but not on the H200 external side. it just maybe the Cable or Pins ???? yes the unit is completly stock, cable is one that came with the unit. Should I RMA the cable or ...? Purchased from KEYWIN in Taiwan

• Corsair Employees
If you are getting power on the PCB card and not the cable, let me get you a new cable. Please send your contact information to [email]coolguy@corsairmemory.com[/email] with a link to this post. Thanks!

did some continuity test on the unit.and it seems as if the +12v is not getting to front panel Black brown red wires ....(pins 1,2,3) on the PSB side shows +12v. It maybe that the male pins are not contacting the female socket cable side. Strange thing is could it be that all 3 sockets are not in contact?? Conclusion : is that maybe the Sockets have expanded enough , where the pins dont contact.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived