Corsair Community

Chaintech 9CJS

ZarT0o

I have a Chaintech 9CJS and I ordered 1024MB XMS4000 PRO (500MHZ BUS) WHICH CONSISTS OF (2) MATCHED CMX512-4000PRO DDR 64X64 THAT HAVE BEEN TESTED AS A PAIR IN A DUAL CHANNEL ENVIRONMENT WITH 18 ACTIVITY LED & ALUMINUM HEAT SPREADER CORSAIR BRAND MEMORY. My question is this: Was getting this Ram over kill for the board I have or will the PC4000 work better than the PC3200 in the Chaintech 9CJS? Also what Ram would you reccomend for the Chaintech 9CJS board? I currently run a P4 3.0 GHZ processor 800mhz FSB with hyper threading technology(although I think I am going to get rid of it and get a P4 prescot 3.4 GHZ), Radeon 256 MB 9800XT video card, and a Sound Blaster Audigy Platinum 2 ZS sound card. I want the best ram that I can get because I do alot of video and sound editing; and I am all about games. Thanks, ZaRt}{0o|

[quote name='RAM GUY']Well, maybe, however these modules are still a great choice for this MB, just that CPU may not be able to over clock that high to get the full potential out of these modules.[/QUOTE] If I upgrade to a p4 prescot 3.4 or even to the p4 extreme chip would I be able to over clock to the level I need to get the full use of the ram???

• Corsair Employees
I would check some of the over clocking forums and see if they have any test data on these new CPU's yet! However, form what I have seen they might get close, but I would doubt it will reach the full speed.

Archived