Corsair Community

Asus P4B533-VM Mother Board - Compatability with XMS DDR Ram

phrozen

Hello. My computer system is running right now an Asus P4B533-VM motherboard with 768 PC2100 DDR Ram. I have been wanting upgrade my RAM for a while and after a lot of research I found that Corsair is the way to go. I checked my specs for my motherboard on the Asus website and it wasn't really clear on which RAM upgrades work with it. So I was hoping that you could help me find the RAM that fits the best for my system. I am thinking the XMS 3200 is the way to go but I want to make sure before proceeding. Thanks a lot!

Your board has the SiS 651 chipset. From the specs on Asus' site, it states PC2700 (DDR 333) as being the max supported speed. But with the MOBO having a 400/533 FSB, I'm not sure why 3200 would'nt work. I don't see why it would'nt, but I'm not up on that board or chipset. Ram Guy would know.

Thanks for your quick reply to my question. I checked on the Asus website for information about my P4B533-VM motherboard. I do not have hte SiS 651 chipset but it is the Intel 845G chipset instead. I am not sure if this makes a difference or not - please let me know. Thanks for your help [quote name='CMC_SAVAGE']Your board has the SiS 651 chipset. From the specs on Asus' site, it states PC2700 (DDR 333) as being the max supported speed. But with the MOBO having a 400/533 FSB, I'm not sure why 3200 would'nt work. I don't see why it would'nt, but I'm not up on that board or chipset. Ram Guy would know.[/QUOTE]

Yea..I'm an ass..LOL. I clicked on the wrong board. the "S" looked like a "B". Actually there is no difference on RAM specs for either board. So what I posted before would hold true. I can't figure out why 3200 or faster would'nt work. Maybe a chipset limitation.

Archived