Corsair Community

MSI 865PE Neo2 FIS2R and TwinX 3200LL

TJNut

I just ordered a custom system with a MSI 865PE Neo2 FIS2R mother board, P4 3.2 Ghz processor (800 fsb) and Corsair TwinX 1024 3200LL memory. This was only after what I thought to be a thorough amount of research on compatiblity between the mother board and the memory. I had read that Corsair had changed the SPD (back in June) specifically to work with the 865/875 chipsets. Can anyone verify that this motherboard and memory combination are compatible? What, if any, limitations will I run up against in using the motherboard features of Dynamic Over Clocking (DOC) or enabling MAT? If not 3200LL, what is the best memory for this board? Thanks, TJNut :confused:

• Corsair Employees
These modules should be fine with this MB, but I would get the latest bios and use the settings suggested on MSI's forum. Alternatively, you can do a search for this model and I think you will see many posts and the solution to make the system stable. However, if the system comes complete it should be preconfigured.

[quote name='RAM GUY']There have not been any changes in the SPD since last year![/QUOTE] I realize that, but there is still a backlash on many sites (including the MSI forum) where people advised of problems prior to the SPD change back in June or so of 2003. According to Corsair, this change was made specifically "to make the LL's work on the 875 and 865 chipsets" (now 2-3-2-6 by default). This and some of the growing pains experienced with motherboard bios changes seems to have reslted in many users that are quick to advise against low latency modules due to their past experience. However, I am hopeful that these changes have resolved the problems for the 865/875 intel based boards. TJNut Source of quote = [url]http://techreport.com/ja.zz?comments=5264[/url]

Archived