Corsair Community

Problems With KV8-MAX3 & Twinx512-3200LLPT

Blobby

Since installing the ram on my mobo I Keep getting BSOD. With Either PFN_LIST_CORRUPT or IRQ)NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL_TO Messages. I have run Memtest "Burn in" for 8 hours with no errors. The ram works fine in a NF7s mobo at 2-2-2-5t. In the KV8 it is set up by SPD. I have tried a pair of cheaper Twinmos CL2.5 Modules and they are running perfectly. Any suggestions would be a great help. By the way I note on some forum replies that raising the DDR voltage helps. What is the "Safe" Maximum? :confused:

[quote name='Blobby']Since installing the ram on my mobo I Keep getting BSOD. With Either PFN_LIST_CORRUPT or IRQ)NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL_TO Messages. I have run Memtest "Burn in" for 8 hours with no errors. The ram works fine in a NF7s mobo at 2-2-2-5t. In the KV8 it is set up by SPD. I have tried a pair of cheaper Twinmos CL2.5 Modules and they are running perfectly. Any suggestions would be a great help. By the way I note on some forum replies that raising the DDR voltage helps. What is the "Safe" Maximum? :confused:[/QUOTE] WOOHOO :biggrin: :biggrin: Read some of RAM GUYS earlier replies on the Forum and increased the DDR Voltage to 2.7volts everything seems to be stable now. I used DVD Shrink to analize a full DVD. Before the computer crashed BSOD about a quarter of the way through. now ok with 100% CPU Load. No hangups on the Raid Drives either. Would still like to know Max safe working volts for RAM though.

• 3 months later...
I'm using the same setup, KV8 Max3 and Twinx10243200LLPT sticks, I'm not able to do better the the default, I would like to setup at 2-2-2-5, will increasing from 2.7 to 2.8 help with this at all? I think I was trying 2-2-2-6, do the 5 or 6 matter? is this setting holding me back?

• Corsair Employees
These modules will not run at those timings! Cass 2-3-2-6 would be suggested. In addition, ASUS K8V-SE has not been good with running tight timings as some of the other MB's because it is single channel! However, you are welcome to try anything you like as long as you don’t go over 2.9 Volts!

My Problems were solved by increasing DDR Voltage to 2.8v. In fact the modules now excede there original timings quite substantially. Here is a Paste from Sisoft Sandra. I Have used all the normal Benchmarks and stress tests and my PC is 100% stable. :biggrin: Memory Module(s) [U][B]Memory Module 1 : Corsair CMX256A-3200LL 256MB 8x(32Mx8) DDR-SDRAM PC3200U-222-600 (CL2 up to 200MHz) Memory Module 2 : Corsair CMX256A-3200LL 256MB 8x(32Mx8) DDR-SDRAM PC3200U-222-600 (CL2 up to 200MHz)[/B][/U] Logical/Chipset 2 Memory Banks [U][B]Bank 0 : 256MB DDR-SDRAM 2.0-2-2-2-5CL 1CMD Bank 2 : 256MB DDR-SDRAM 2.0-2-2-2-5CL 1CMD[/B][/U] Channels : 1 Bank Interleave : 2-way [U][B]Speed : 2x 215MHz (430MHz data rate)[/B][/U] Multiplier : 1/10x Width : 64-bit Refresh Rate : 5.00µs

Archived