Corsair Community

What does it take to get some HELP around here?

Please see my previous posts in this thread from the 'WARRANTY QUESTIONS' forum : [url]http://www.houseofhelp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=107535&postcount=1[/url] I have been quite patient, waiting for a response from RAM GUY - but it has been more than a week (waiting since 26 FEB). I was running out of time with my vendor, so RMA'd my TWINX 3200LL PRO to ZIPZOOMFLY. They have confirmed the part bad (thanks for that 'pre tested' quality control, CORSAIR) and are shipping me another set. With luck, and a few more RMA cycles with the vendor, I may eventually get a set that perform to spec. After this experience, I wish I could swap for another manufacturer's memory - I dread the thought of begging CORSAIR to honor their 'lifetime warranty' after being ignored over a simple DOA part. I guess I write this off to education - it cost me $318 (and $15 return shipping) to see the truth about CORSAIR. Silly me - I read, and believed the reviews, and chose CORSAIR PROSERIES memory. I paid a premium price for the 'best of the best, pre tested memory', and received faulty product, false advertising, and shoddy after-sales support. I am very disappointed. How can CORSAIR correct this horrible 'first impression', or does it even matter?

• Corsair Employees
I am sorry that you are having problems with our products. All of our modules are testing at there rated speed before they leave the factory. It is very unfortunate that you received a bad stick, but it does happen from time to time. I answer the posts on the forum from bottom to top to try to get to those who posted first. Every time you *bump* your post it goes back to the top, or back of the line. Our normal turn around time on the forum is 24 hours excluding weekends. If you have any questions or concerns in the future please let me know. Thanks!

RAM GUY - I still have both questions and concerns. (1) If the TWINX modules are all tested before leaving the factory, how do bad modules get into retail? I am not the only consumer to purchase a bad piece. 100% testing should mean ZERO defects (barring physical damage that would be both unlikley and obvious given the hefty heatsink and packaging). That 'testing' is the reason TWINX is supposed to be worth the premium price. Where's the proof that it actually happens and is not (as my experience would suggest) just unsubstantiated marketing hype? (2) If your 'normal' turnaround time is 24 hours, how did it take FIVE DAYS (excluding my *bumps* and TWO weekends) to finally get around to my question on the other forum? Are you really experiencing so many problems with these 'pre-tested' products? (3) Given my experiences, why should I continue to trust or believe CORSAIR? THANKS! --- BSCHMIDUK [quote name='RAM GUY']I am sorry that you are having problems with our products. All of our modules are testing at there rated speed before they leave the factory. It is very unfortunate that you received a bad stick, but it does happen from time to time. I answer the posts on the forum from bottom to top to try to get to those who posted first. Every time you *bump* your post it goes back to the top, or back of the line. Our normal turn around time on the forum is 24 hours excluding weekends. If you have any questions or concerns in the future please let me know. Thanks![/QUOTE]

• Corsair Employees
1) We ship hundreds of thousands of XMS modules a month. We have less than 1% returned to us. Of that 1% only half are actually bad. That is an exceptional return rate in the computer industry. Only our pre-testing methods can get those kind of results. You can also read what reviewers have to [URL=http://www.legitreviews.com/Reviews/corsair_trip_1.shtml]say[/URL]. 2) You post slipped through the cracks. You will notice that most all of the other posts have been answered within 24 hours. 3) It will always be your choice whether you continue to use our products or not. We have the fastest, most reliable memory out there. We continue to be innovators in a market of copycats. We strive to provide excellent service behind our product as well. This combination puts us ahead of our competition.

RAM GUY - I just got my replacement sticks from ZIPZOOMFLY. Initial tests look promising, moving on to more extensive tests, then some overclocking. Sorry if I got hot under the collar, but by your own admission, my initial request for help "fell through the cracks" - and that did not make for a good first impression. And I still contend that 100% testing should equal ZERO defects - that half a percent of actual bad sticks may be a good average for the computer industry, but I would not get on an airplane if I thought it had a 0.5% chance of failure. But at least I have sticks that work now - thanks for your patience. ---BSCHMIDUK [quote name='RAM GUY']1) We ship hundreds of thousands of XMS modules a month. We have less than 1% returned to us. Of that 1% only half are actually bad. That is an exceptional return rate in the computer industry. Only our pre-testing methods can get those kind of results. You can also read what reviewers have to [URL=http://www.legitreviews.com/Reviews/corsair_trip_1.shtml]say[/URL]. 2) You post slipped through the cracks. You will notice that most all of the other posts have been answered within 24 hours. 3) It will always be your choice whether you continue to use our products or not. We have the fastest, most reliable memory out there. We continue to be innovators in a market of copycats. We strive to provide excellent service behind our product as well. This combination puts us ahead of our competition.[/QUOTE]

• Corsair Employees
I do apologize for the length of time that you had to wait. Even with our extensive testing, it is still performed by humans, so we can not guarantee 100%. We shoot to be as close as humanly possible. Let me know if you have any other questions or concerns. Thanks!

Archived