Corsair Community

New Rev for Twin2X4096-6400C5DHX???

arklab

I've placed an order for the four gig kit Twin2X4096-6400C5DHX, but it seems to have been on back-order at several E-tailers.

The last rev. listed here is

XMS640Xv5.X...MICRON.........64Mx8...Rev.D

(And a big THANK YOU for supplying us all with such precise info! :D:)

Anyway, I'm a bit concerned that this could be signaling a new revision, and a switch from those great Micron-D chips.

Do you folks know if these sticks will remain at Rev. 5.x?

Thanks

"Nervous but hopeful in OC"

PS - I need to revise my sig. - the new mobo is a DFI UT P35.

Thanks, Ramguy

I see that one very big e-tailer just received a shipment and are now back in stock (not the place I ordered from, though).

I'll just have to wait and see what I do recieve.

From the looks of rev. 5.x, though, I would expect a good chance of overclock (my miles may vary, as always of course).

From the specs. I see the sticks rated for (5-5-5-18) at 1.8V, so I would expect that voltage increase to 2.1 or 2,2 could tighten timings considerably and/or allow for faster DDR2 ratting of 1066 or better.

I think I am lucky in attempting this on a DFI LP UT P35 T2R motherboard due to the extreem voltage and memory tweaking in BIOS.

Would this level of voltage be unwise or void the guarantee?

Thanks for your advise!

Anytime you populate all four DRAM slots you are going to drop your overclock of the DRAM. Seldom do you reach the full potential of a Kit with two Kits. With two kits of 6400C5's, you would be lucky to reach 800Mhz with 2.1V. The same with C4's or 8500C5's.

You would void the warranty if you move past the warranted voltage specs.

1) Anytime you populate all four DRAM slots ...

2) You would void the warranty if you move past the warranted voltage specs.

1) Errr ... Thanks, but I refer to a kit with two sticks of 2GB each.

TWIN2X4096-6400C5DHX.pdf

2) Well, OK - what is, IS. But why on earth fit the fancy (and very functional) DHX heatsinks to a stick of ram (with ANY chips) waranteed to run at only 1.8v??!!???

Kind of like putting racing stripes and a huge spoiler on a Yugo?

Surly, Corsair doesn't make dressed up Yugos?

(OK, that was NOT called for, sorry)

But why on earth fit the fancy (and very functional) DHX heatsinks to a stick of ram (with ANY chips) waranteed to run at only 1.8v??!!???

You will note that the document states, "Tested to Run at the JEDEC standards of 5-5-5-18 and 1.8v. This just means that OEM machines that adhere strictly to the JEDEC standards and/or have no ability to raise DRAM voltages or timings will be able to run with this DRAM.

You will have to ask RAM GUY but I would think that this DRAM is still lifetime warranted to 2.1v.

http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?t=144935

Archived