Corsair Community

Performance Different between corsair twin2x2048-6400 "C4" and "C5"

Hi all,

i hope my question wasn't double post, and not in the wrong room.

im planning to upgrade my old rig, i already purchase abit IP-35 and now im goin to purchase DDR2 within a couple of days.

i know this might be sound like a same question about CAS latency (as i have read a sticky thread by RAM guy), and i do get the picture, but in my case now, is about price performance ratio.

Because in my country, the price different between those 2 is around $20 (for C4). Thus, i would like to know, is it really worth to buy corsair twin2x2048-6400C4? or i should stick with corsair twin2x2048-6400C5 instead.

Maybe if its possible, i would like to know hows the exact number of performance different between these 2, if i pair it up with abit IP-35 and C2D 4500.

Also hows the different if i am using C2D 6550 instead of C2D 4500, as i notice the L2 different is twice times for C2D 6550.

I hope some expert here could give me a better perspective about choosing between these 2 memory.

many thanks

You are not going to find a huge difference other than more "snappyness" with 4-4-4-12.

This is with an Intel Core 2 Duo E6600 at stock...

http://i228.photobucket.com/albums/ee308/Dmtadman/IMG0019759.gif

Note the Percentages. Those are the percentage of the memory controllers frequency that is actually functioning at the assigned speed spec.

hey, thanks for ur respond,

i think its quite clear now, means $20 for roughly 2-6% performance increase, well i think i'll stick with C5.

again many thanks.

You are not going to find a huge difference other than more "snappyness" with 4-4-4-12.

This is with an Intel Core 2 Duo E6600 at stock...

http://i228.photobucket.com/albums/ee308/Dmtadman/IMG0019759.gif

Note the Percentages. Those are the percentage of the memory controllers frequency that is actually functioning at the assigned speed spec.

Archived