Corsair Community

CORSAIR XMS2 2GB (2 x 1GB) (4 sticks total) with an ASUS P5N-E SLI Mobo

Memnok

Okay! Let me tell you how frustrating this has been, haha. I'm trying to run 4 1Gb sticks on this Asus Motherboard. It is compatible, I checked on your compatibility list, and there is room for 4 sticks on the Motherboard. In any case, here are the full system specs.

ASUS P5N-E SLI

Intel Core 2 Duo E6750 Conroe 2.66GHz LGA 775

2x(4 sticks total) CORSAIR XMS2 2GB (2 x 1GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800 (PC2 6400)

EVGA 320-P2-N815-AR GeForce 8800GTS Superclocked 320MB 320-bit GDDR3 PCI Express x16 HDCP Ready SLI

Western Digital Caviar SE16 WD5000AAKS 500GB 7200 RPM SATA 3.0Gb/s Hard Drive

The original problem I had was that the computer would not boot correctly with all 4 modules in at once, but weirdly sometimes it did. Anyways, I tried to manually set the timings and voltages for the memory. I don't know if I did that right because now I'm getting a system failure when I start the system. I don't even know what to do with the fsb settings. Any and all help is appreciated. If you need more information about the system let me know.

Oh and I'm running vista 32-bit. Is 4gb even useable? I read here that I can make it work with more than 3gigs.

http://vistarewired.com/2007/03/29/how-to-enable-more-than-35-gb-of-memory-in-32-bit-windows-vista/

Edit: I wanted to tell you the error. I boot it up with 4 modules in, and it doesn't even go to the BIOS screen. Everything turns on, fans go, etc. but nothing actually loads.

Hahaha for starters it found that at least 2 of my sticks are faulty... I'm currently testing the other 2, and in the meantime I'm going to ship back the faulty merchandise. Thank you for your help. I will repost in the event that I have working memory and I still have errors.

Thank you again!

I am no expert with the BIOS, so if you could tell me what I *should* set given my RAM is 4-4-4-12 and 2.1V. I had the timings set, and I changed the commands per clock to 2t, because I read everywhere on forums that's what it's supposed to be. And I also set the voltages.

In any case, 1 stick wouldn't even boot with the system, the BIOS didn't even load. The next stick loaded memtest but returned with 56 errors.

The other 2 sticks passed tests individually, and with both in at once.

I did not touch the USB controller at all, so I'm assuming it was on at the time of the test. Should it have been off? Anyways I already sent back the 2 sticks to newegg and should receive replacements sometime soon.

Again I am new to BIOS settings, so if I am supposed to edit the voltages for the north bridge or anything else, any help is sincerely appreciated! :D:

Archived