Corsair Community

Broken 4GB Flash Voyager GT

cvo

Today, I plugged in my drive to my computer to nearly have a heart attack. My drive size shows 0 Bytes, can't format, can't do chkdsk, nothing shows up in the drive when browsed. Because of this drive failure, I've lost the past 2.5 months of work. Guess I'll be going back to weekly dvd backups of my drives. My drive is only about 2.5 months old, so a failure at this point is making me doubt the reliability of the corsair drives. Anyway I've tried all I can and can't seem to get any data back let alone format and fix the drive. I remember something about a lifetime warrenty for my Voyager GT...how do I go about getting a new drive ASAP? I read about an RMA (whatever that is) here is that what I need to use to get a replacement from Corsair? Do I have to pay shipping?

-Cvo

Exact the same here.

Got also a 4GB GT, worked fine until yesterday. It started with some read-errors and some .txt files with no content in, even the file size was about 250byte (notes of mine).

So I started backing up all the data, well almost. 2 directories are left over, and as soon as i want to open them, the explorer crashes.

Also interesting, size of the 2 folders are 22GByte (on a 4GB Stick :roll:).

Tried to format it with windows, dos, chkdsk... everything ended up with errors; also tried the tutorial with the Win98 SE FDisk, but didn't make any changes either.

Send in?

BTW: I also have an 1GB Flash Voyager (which has similar failures) that i wanted to send in a few days ago; but i can't find the mail with the adress and the RMA number. Do i have to make a new RMA Number or can anyone tell me the existing RMA?

Thx in advance.

• Corsair Employees

First if you need to recover some data there are some third party utilities available that may help you if you have some data you need to recover from this site. If that recovers the data there is a good chance that you can format the drive from a command prompt and get it working.

Format (X:) /FS:FAT32 /U (X=the drive letter assigned to the Flash Voyager)

If you still have problems, let’s get it replaced. Please use the RMA request found in TSXpress or follow the link in my signature “I think I have a bad part!” and we will be happy to replace them or it!

• Corsair Employees

Returned Merchandise Authorization = RMA with out this on the package we will not accept it like most big companies any more its just to risky sorry! It also provides easy tracking of the process.

And have you read the Warranty Page?

That should answer most if not all of your questions, if not please let me know.

And normally you would ship it to us and we will pay to ship the item back.

Thanks for the information, I'll make sure that's taped on the outside.

Just a quick update:

I just tried my drive in one last vain effort and the drive doesn't even blink or show up under the safely remove hardware or my computer. I think it's really messed up.

Missed the time deadline for the UPS guy by about 2 minutes today, so my drive will go out UPS Ground on Monday. Hopefully I'll get a replacement inside the week :biggrin:

Thanks for all the help

If I have anymore problems I'll post back here

UPS says they delivered the broken drive but my RMA status page says it hasn't yet received it. It's been over 24hrs, so I'm wondering what's up with that?

I personally typed in the RMA number and Attn: RMA Department on the UPS label, so I know it's on there.

I'm currently at school so calling the RMA dept. isn't a viable option for me. Since you work at Corsair can you just shoot them an email or call them for me and post back?

Thanks

Edit: Just got an email that says the replacement part will be shipped shortly. But that site still isn't updated so I'm not sure what's up with that.

Here's the site link btw: http://www.corsair.com/helpdesk/rma_status.aspx?id=342949&sec=77217e5a156640f6a43cdfbab

Edit 2: Just got an email that says it was received, looking forward to getting the replacement. Thanks for the continued help.

Just got my new replacement drive in a nice and shiny package. Seems to be working well for now. I don't anticipate any more problems, but I'll post back if there are anymore. Thanks once again corsair; the 10yr warranty is oh so needed in situations such as this.

:confused::confused:

I created a new folder on my new replacement drive and I can't delete it. Inside the folder are file names and folders with weird names that total over 5GB in total size. None of the other files on the drive are corrupt. I can probably reformat the drive to get rid of the undeletable folders and files, but my main concern is whether or not my replacement drive is bad or not. Do you have any insight as to whether or not the drive might be bad? I really don't want to send the drive back for a 2nd time and get a 2nd replacement and be without a drive for two weeks again.

:!: ,

-Chris

Edit:

Backed up my data and reformatted, no problems..yet. I'll update if I have any more.

Archived