Corsair Community

2 Pairs of corsair cm2x1024-8500c5d don´t work

cabal666

hi guys,

i´m from germany so please excuse my bad english.

my question:

i bought two pairs of corsair cm2x1024-8500c5d , but different versions.

2.1 and 2.2

pair 1 runs on 2.1 volt and the other with 2.2

when i try to run them vista doesn´t start.

memtest shows me errors. when i run them seperately vista starts and they run perfectly. should i try different settings in bios.

mobo is gigabyte p35-ds3r

cpu q6600

thanks for helping me.

It is far harder on the motherboard Memory Controller Hub (Northbridge) since it now has to deal with 4 slots being populated vs 2 slots being populated. The Northbridge can not easily keep up with that DRAM speed and the speed of the DRAM throughput must be lowered to keep it stable. You can overclock the CPU <--> MCH <--> DRAM throughput and in doing so reclaim most (if not all) of the Bandwidth but in doing so you do create higher temperatures from higher voltages. The P35 has no problems with this raise though. So, drop your bandwidth to 800Mhz for four sticks as set below.

Download memtest from http://www.memtest.org and extract the ISO image. Burn the ISO image to an CD-ROM disk.

Insert the first set of 8500's. Enter your BIOS. On the main BIOS screen press Ctrl + F1. You will see the screen flicker. Next select the MB Intelligent Tweaker option. On that screen you will see many additional settings that were not there before. Set to the below values.

MIB Intelligent Tweaker (M.I.T.)

CPU Clock Ratio = 9

CPU Host Clock Control = Enabled

CPU Host Frequency (Mhz) = 266Mhz

PCI Express Frequency = 100Mhz

C.I.A.2 = Disabled

System Memory Multiplier = 3

DRAM Timing Selectable = Manual

CAS Latency Time = 4

DRAM RAS# to CAS# Delay = 4

RAS# Precharge = 4

Precharge Delay (tRAS) = 12

ACT to ACT delay = Auto

Bank Write To READ Delay = Auto

Refresh to ACT Delay = Auto

Read to Precharge Delay = Auto

Memory Performance Enhance = Normal

Dimm OverVoltage Control = +.3V

PCI-e OverVoltage Control = Normal

(G)MCH OverVoltage Control = +.03

CPU Voltage Control = Auto

Robust Graphics Booster = Auto

Shut the system down and insert the second set of 8500's and boot to the optical drive with the memtest disk and allow for two full passes. If the system does not boot or Memtest fails, then remove the second set, enter the BIOS and set the Dimm Overvoltage Control to +.4V, shut down, insert the second set and boot to the optical drive with the memtest disk and allow for two full passes.

Results?

Archived