Corsair Community

XMS3500 PLatinum Ver 1.1

dodd

Hi, I have an Epox 8HDA3+ with two sticks of the above (both 256) with a 3000 CPU. Are there any compatability issues with this RAM and mobo. Reason I ask is two cpu's have died now. The first at the end of a bios flash and the second when I changed the cas rating from 2.5 to 2 with everything at auto. Thanks in advance. dod

• Corsair Employees
I would suspect the MB before the memory if your CPU's keep failing, or maybe the CPU fan. However, the memory is not directly connected to the CPU so it would be almost impossible for the memory to damage a CPU.

[quote name='RAM GUY']I would suspect the MB before the memory if your CPU's keep failing, or maybe the CPU fan. However, the memory is not directly connected to the CPU so it would be almost impossible for the memory to damage a CPU.[/QUOTE] Many thanks for your reply. I wouldn't disagree with that possibility. I should also have provided more information. The epox board has a built in diagnostic display. On crashing it shows C1 which is a memory error. Transferring the memory into my other board shows it to be working and there no errors in memtest. Because of the A64 mem controller being built into the chip itself is there any way that there could be problems caused when changing settings, causing the memory controller in the chip to fail?.

[quote name='RAM GUY']It would be very unlikely, especially if the memory works in another system. There is only data to and from the CPU, no direct voltage is shared other the power provided by the MB.[/QUOTE] Thanks for your help, I'll try to RMA the board. Great service :D:

Archived