Corsair Community

Got a bad CM2X1024-6400C4 stick

steeve50

Hello there,

I've got TWIN2X1024-6400C4 and one stick is faulty. My motherboard is an Asus P5K and have an Intel Core 2 Duo E6750. I just want to make sure I contact a support guy via this forum before I fill out the RMA form because I have some question.

But first, here is why I'm sure my stick is faulty. I've got the latest bios version. I've also manually set the timing to 4-4-4-12 and voltage to 2.1V because all guys with Asus P5K are told to do so first. I also disabled Legacy USB before runing memtest. Since I've got two stick I tried with the first one in every slot and got no errors from memtest and no BSOD. With the second stick though, memtest fails after a couple of seconds and it doesn't matter which slot I use. I also can't boot to WindowsXP without a BSOD.

So here's my questions. If I understand correctly you don't have any cross-shipping and I have to send both stick and when for them to come back before I can use my computer again. Is that right? I have to pay the shipping fee? I suppose I have to put a copy of my receipt in the box? Anything else I should know before returning my ram?

Thanks

• Corsair Employees
Please load setup defaults and then set the Dim Voltage to 2.1 volts (+.2 Volts W/Giga-Byte) and then test the module/modules one at a time with http://www.memtest.org! If you still get errors, please follow the link in my signature “I think I have a bad part!” and we will be happy to replace them or it! However, if you get errors with both modules that would suggest some other problem and I would test them in another system or MB to be sure. In addition, with this MB you have to disable legacy USB in the bios when running any memory test.

Archived