Corsair Community

Abit AN52 & Twin2x2048-6400C4D problem?

foxhsu

Hi!

I have a question about this. Is any known issue about this combo?

I built a new system. If I put the ram in same color slot(which should run in Dual Channel mode), it won't boot(with continue beep). If I put in the different color slot, it will boot in single channel mode. The MB is nForce520 chipset. Ram is the 2nd pair(v2.2). Because one module of the 1st pair(v1.2) will not even boot. Is any problem with this combo? I try to set votage to 2.10v but no luck.

Thank you.

Fox

• Corsair Employees
Please make sure that you have the latest BIOS for your motherboard and then load optimized defaults and set the Memory Voltage to 2.1 volts and then set the timings to 4-4-4-12 (CAS-tRCD-tRP-tRAS) and then test the modules one at a time with http://www.memtest.org! Please allow memtest to run 2-3 passes on each module. If you still get errors, we will be happy to replace them! However, if you get errors with both modules that would suggest some other problem and I would test them in another system or MB to be sure.

• 3 weeks later...

Hello!

Today I finally recieved the memory, but it's wrong model. What to do next.

Mine is TWIN2X2048-6400C4D, and the one you sent is C4DHX. What to do next?

One more question? Is the TWIN2X2048-6400C4DHX the higher model than TWIN2X2048-6400C4D?

Thank you very much.

Hi!

I installed it last night, but it still can't post. However, I found if I lower the voltage to 2.05v, it boot. I run memtest, it pass 3 times without an error. However, I found system reboot by itself when I wake up this morning. Now I use this setting 2.05v, CAS4 tRCP4 rRP4 tRAS12 Command2T. Is any other RAM options I should change to make it stable?

Thank you.

Mine is WinXP and 2g only. I lower the voltage to 2.00v and set recover time to 5 and recharge 15, NB 1.25v. There is a option which for DIMM1~4, but in default is 105 for Dimm1 and 75 for Dimm2. I change it to 105 on Dimm2.

It seems stable the whole night without reboot. Is anything else in BIOS I should pay attention? Thank you.

Archived