Corsair Community

Asus P5N-E SLI & Corsair TWIN2X2048-6400C4

youngmann

Hi

I have a Asus P5N-E SLI and Corsair TWIN2X2048-6400C4, with a C2D E6550 and a EVGA GeForce 8800 GTS.

I am unable to run this ram on Dual Channel Mode.

I have both sticks working fine in single channel mode (1 in yellow slot and 1 in black slot), but when I put both modules in yellow or black slots, system wont post, nothing happening.

Mem Volt 2.085 (tried 2.17)

TCL 4

TRCD 4

TRP 4

TRAS 12

CMD 2

TRC 22 (tried 24 too)

TWTR 15

Rest on Auto

Asus P5N-E SLI Bios Version 0703

Please help.

Thank you

Are you overclocking? If so set the CPU to Auto and the DRAM to 800Mhz with 4-4-4-12 and 2.17v.

Download memtest from http://www.memtest.org and extract the ISO image. Burn the ISO image to an CD-ROM disk.

Shut the system down. Insert 1 DRAM stick in the first slot and boot to the optical drive with the memtest disk and allow for two full passes in each slot. Then test the second stick in the first slot allowing for two full passes.

Results?

Hi Derek

Thanks for your help.

No I am not overclocking.

Ran memtest before with both modules on many times, no errors. Does it make a difference to run it on each module at a time?

The wierd thing is that last night I have downgraded the bios to 0608 and changed memory timing and voltage only.

First boot everything works very fine! booted with modules in Dual channel disposition, vista booted, run some stress application no freeze or blue screen.

turned off computer, turned it back on...it would start and shut off right back! :(

had to put the modules in single channel disposition...works.

anybody can help?

Archived