Corsair Community

Corsair XMS DDR400 not to great!

Muhad

I have two COR-CMX512-3200LL-Pro black sticks and am getting some errors with Prime95 test. I complained to Motherboards.com and they just don't care. :evil: Some games crash out and one, Vietcong, actually tells me the memory is bad. I tried different memory configurations and mobo bios releases and this problem persists. system specs: Windows XP (sp1), DirectX 9.0b, Abit IC7-Max3, Radeon 9800 Pro 128, Audigy Gamer. [COLOR=Red]I purchased my hardware on 12/30/03 and I am wondering if I can exchange the memory for other sticks?[/COLOR] :sunglasse

[quote name='Muhad']I have two COR-CMX512-3200LL-Pro black sticks and am getting some errors with Prime95 test. I complained to Motherboards.com and they just don't care. :evil: Some games crash out and one, Vietcong, actually tells me the memory is bad. I tried different memory configurations and mobo bios releases and this problem persists. system specs: Windows XP (sp1), DirectX 9.0b, Abit IC7-Max3, Radeon 9800 Pro 128, Audigy Gamer. [COLOR=Red]I purchased my hardware on 12/30/03 and I am wondering if I can exchange the memory for other sticks?[/COLOR] :sunglasse[/QUOTE] Why SHOULD motherboards.com care???

[quote name='RAM GUY']Please test your modules one at a time with [url]www.memtest.org[/url] and lets make sure one is not fialing![/QUOTE] I'll do this but I was told that memtest86 is waaaaaaay to old for today's technology.

It may be old, but I'll bet there's a good reason why every other person on this board recommends it. Think about it. It's also possible that your power supply may not be providing enough juice to run graphic intensive programs. Most new games demand a lot of power to run. I just finished a month long battle with my system, trying every tweak and trick, and all along it was the power supply. The Radeon card is really power hungry. Make sure it isn't over-heating. Mine was getting really hot on the BGA chips, and it was due to the lack of power.

[quote name='RAM GUY']Memtest.org Version 1.11 is the latest version and would be suggested, but you can try [URL=http://oca.microsoft.com/en/windiag.asp]Microsoft's Memory Test[/URL] as well.[/QUOTE] I did find it. Am using it to test.

[quote name='Pegasus']It may be old, but I'll bet there's a good reason why every other person on this board recommends it. Think about it. It's also possible that your power supply may not be providing enough juice to run graphic intensive programs. Most new games demand a lot of power to run. I just finished a month long battle with my system, trying every tweak and trick, and all along it was the power supply. The Radeon card is really power hungry. Make sure it isn't over-heating. Mine was getting really hot on the BGA chips, and it was due to the lack of power.[/QUOTE] I put an Orb on my Radeon. Runs around 100 degrees. My p/s is a 350 watt Antec.

[quote name='RAM GUY']Memtest.org Version 1.11 is the latest version and would be suggested, but you can try [URL=http://oca.microsoft.com/en/windiag.asp]Microsoft's Memory Test[/URL] as well.[/QUOTE] Thanks I'll give it a shot.

I use memtest86 v1.11 to test my CMX-512-3200C2 sticks, and it works great. On a P4P800, you *have to* disable LEGACY USB. Otherwise, you get random crashes. I managed to get 2-3-3-7 with PAT enabled on this board and 2.5v (no increase to 2.7x), and not a single error in memtest. In sandra, I have roughly the same performance as a i875P chipset :p: I have a 350 watts Enermax PSU (EG365P-VE). Seems to run ok so far, but I'm thinking about upgrading to an Antec Truepower 480w anyways... Keep trying, it took me 3 hours ro get the system to run stable after building it yesterday... --> [url]www.memtest.org[/url] , it's simply the best mem testing tool. Good luck.

[quote name='RAM GUY']Please test your modules one at a time with [url]www.memtest.org[/url] and lets make sure one is not fialing![/QUOTE] [COLOR=Red]Ok I have tested my two sticks with the lastest memtest86 v1.11 and one stick is bad. I ran the tests on each stick for over eight hours. One stick had thirty errors. I wrote down the address and bad location numbers for you.[/COLOR] [COLOR=lime]Can I and how do I, RMA the bad stick back for replacement? Thanks.[/COLOR] :[pouts:

• Corsair Employees
IF you are in the Continental USA please follow the link in my signature, if not please ask your reseller if they can help you. And if they will not or cannot help you, then please submit the RMA directly and we will be happy to replace them.

[quote name='RAM GUY']IF you are in the Continental USA please follow the link in my signature, if not please ask your reseller if they can help you. And if they will not or cannot help you, then please submit the RMA directly and we will be happy to replace them.[/QUOTE] Thanks, I have just sent in for an RMA.

Archived