Corsair Community

P4C800-E-DX + 1024-3200LLPro problem ?

Croto

I got a Asus P4C800-E-DX board with TWINX1024-3200LLPRO Rev1.1 configure at 2-3-2-6 at 2.75 VDimm and the system is not stable in windows. The problem is weird because, one day, I can do 40 passes of Memtest and don't get any errors and the next day, I get 350 errors. I tested each DIMM in single channel with Prime 95 v23.8 in WinXP and I get errors only with 1 ramstick, but I can't get any errors in Memtest. I also tested the board with some Kingston valueram and the system is fully stable. Is the 3200LLPRO recommended for that motherboard ? Is this a faulty module or just compatibility issues ? and what should I do ? Thanx, Denis.

• Corsair Employees
There should not be any problem with these modules and this MB, and you reported that the errors are random, that would suggest some other problem. But I have no problem replacing your modules, but I would try the modules one at a time, or one for a few day's day and one the next few and see if we can isolate this to one of the modules. However, if you see the same results with both modules I would suggest that you test them on another system to try to help isolate the problem. The PSU you have should not be a problem, at least it should have enough power but with the symptoms you have listed and if you cannot isolate it to one of the modules I would maybe try another PSU and see if that changes the outcome! However, test the modules first!

Archived