Corsair Community

This cant be right surely?

freshage

ok, so ill tell the story from the start and then ask questions, as i simply dont know what to do anymore.

with my current rig, i had 4 gigs of XMS2 6400C4 ram, 3 of 4 gigs randomly died... dont know how, they just did, so, i RMA'd 2 one matched pair and used my 1 gig left that was working in the mean time, a while after (today) my memory arrived, ive been really ill, but i managed to get out of bed to fit the new matched pair and remove the remaining one gig left in the pc. so, i turn it on, BSDO.... ok, so i take one stick out, and bios had reset its self, i go through all the config of what i had it set up to originaly, restart, then put the second stick in and BSOD, everytime i tried to boot up....

so, i remove both sticks, put my original 1 stick in, and it booted up fine, i try one of the new sticks with the ol stick, and one of them works, but crashes everynow and then, i havnt got any disks atm, so i cant put memtest to play here. but im pretty sure the 2 new gigs i got from RMA are dead....... lol, have i taken to many pain killers or is this just some sick joke?

chris

• Corsair Employees

To know for sure if the modules are faulty I would recommend that you do the following:

Make sure that you have the latest BIOS for your motherboard and then load optimized defaults and set the Memory Voltage to 2.1 volts and then set the timings to 4-4-4-12 (CAS-tRCD-tRP-tRAS) and then test the modules one at a time with http://www.memtest.org! Please allow memtest to run 2-3 passes on each module. If you still get errors, we will be happy to replace them! However, if you get errors with multiple modules that would suggest some other problem and I would test them in another system or MB to be sure.

Archived