Corsair Community

problems: K8X800 Pro II & CMX3200C2 V1.1

hedpe80

I just tried everything I could possibly think of trying to get the ram to work at its rated speed... my board won't boot if I set it to 400 Mhz along with added volts (2.7) and even with loose timings. motherboard: Albatron K8X800 Pro II Ram: 1x512 CMX3200C2 V1.1 (another one is on its way to me right now) I've tried: Newest Bios higher volts loose timings different ram slots I've also contacted Albatron tech support and they told me that my ram needs to natively run at PC3200 for it to run, otherwise it'll run at PC2700 (which is what its running at now)... any fix to this, also will Corsair RMA my ram if I can't get it to work (the ram runs great in my Epox 8RDA+, even overclocked to 236Mhz, no errors on memtest)... I simply can't afford new ram right at this time, especially not a gig... any help would be greatly appreciated thanks

• Corsair Employees
I have not tested this MB, but you should be able to set the timings and memory Freq manually and I would try Cass 2-3-3-6 and set the memory Freq to DDR400. But the fact that you had it working on another MB above spec would suggest the problem is with this MB or bios.

yeah I kinda figured the problem was with the motherboard, I have tried setting the timings manually with no success... it just won't boot at anything over PC2700... even if I set it to Cas 2.5-3-3-7, I still need to clear the Cmos and start over from scratch,... I got my other stick today and tried it, same deal, won't boot past PC2700 specs no matter what I try... I guess I'll have to find someone who wants to trade my memory for theirs or something... thanks for the help

• Corsair Employees
I think I would ask your reseller to help you test the modules on another MB, and if they will run in another MB just see if they will let you exchange the MB. Or if possible can you test the memory on another system, as that would really help to isolate the problem. But bottom line I have no problem replacing your memory for you, but I have doubts that would solve the problem for you, nor do I think other modules would necessarily help you either. But I would be willing to do what ever I can to help you!

I'm gonna try them out in my friends system tomorrow and see what happens, I really like this ram and it would be a shame to get rid of it after it served me well for so long... the reseller I purchased them from is all the way across the country (I live in New Brunswick Canada, and the reseller is in B.C Canada) so it would be impossible to go there and get them to test it... I'll try a few things to see what I can do, namely try it out in different systems, a friend of mine has the MSI K8T Neo FISR but there seems to be a problem with that board as well... I'll try it anyways and see what happens... thanks for all the help and tips, I'm really suprised with the great service from Corsair, it makes me feel at ease to I know I'll be well taken care of :):

Ok I tried it in the MSI motherboard, 1 stick agreed to run at PC3200 (the new one) but only at CAS 2.5 the other won't budge from PC2700 no matter what... I've also read at AMDMB forums that theres a bug in the chipset preventing it from running at CAS 2, if this is the case then there is nothing wrong with one of my sticks... but the other will only run at PC2700 speeds regardless of what I set it to... now if I do RMA that one stick, will I be getting another V1.1 back or a newer revision?? thanks again

• 3 weeks later...
ok I got my new ram back from RMA (damn that was quick :D: ), but now I have another problem... I can run either modules perfectly on their own, but when trying to run them both at the same time, my PC won't post... I tried 2.7 Vdimm, different slots, relaxed timings... still no go... one of the modules is V3.1 and the other is V1.1 do I need to RMA another module back?? if so, which one?? (I suppose I should RMA the V1.1 so they'll both match??) thanks again

Archived