Corsair Community

MemTest Errors w/TWINX1024-3200LLPRO on Asus P4P800 Deluxe

adamb2k4

P4 2.4 @ 800FSB. Tried every BIOS setting for CPU from auto/auto to auto/standard to manual/standard freq 200 ddr 400 every voltage setting, manual memory timings/auto memory timings. There are a lot of combinations, and I've tried just about every one of them (with the exception of raising the timings above 2-3-2-6, which I will not do considering that is what I paid for and I've already wasted 6 to 8 hours messing with this). I noticed some other people having similar troubles, and I'm just about ready to give up and take the $35 hit for returning.

• Corsair Employees
Please try to set the timings manually to Cass 2-3-2-6, with the Rass to Cass set to "3", and load setup defaults first then set the timings and set the Dim Voltage to 2.75 Volts. In addition, please use [url]www.memtest.org[/url] to test the modules but you will need to disable USB legacy support when running this program. In addition, let us make sure you do not have bad module. However, if both modules pass one up, but not when both installed that would suggest some other problem. Moreover, I would try testing the modules on another system if possible. In addition, I would have no problem replacing your modules but our Pro modules are tested 3 times on a MB at the rated speed so it would be hard to get a bad module.

I have done exactly what you said and memtest fails at step #5 every time consistently. I even tried upping the timings because it's a pain to have to deal with warranty. Even at 2.5-3-3-6 its still failing at step #5.

Yes, of course. I follow directions very well. Well I finally did the chip-by-chip test and one of them passes every time and the other one fails. So much for Corsairs extensive testing. Looks like I am going to RMA but with Newegg where I bought from. These modules run extremely hot man. After a 5 minute test the thing could cook eggs.

Archived