Corsair Community

P5N-E SLI help

pomakik

i have 2x 1GB VS1GB800D2 DDR2-800 PC6400 Corsair Value select and need to know the voltage and latency because i have searched high and low and cant find"oh yeah before someone goes into not publicly sold or w/e they came with my computer and just need to know because my ram isnt bad and my slots arnt bad (tested) but when i have both sticks in togeather they test bad sooo i was going to set the stuff manualy.."-and my mobo is the Asus P5N-E SLI

• Corsair Employees
Please make sure that you have the latest Bios version and then load setup/optimized defaults and set the Dim Voltage to 2.0 volts (+.2 Volts W/Giga-Byte) and then test the module/'s one at a time with http://www.memtest.org! If you still get errors, please follow the link in my signature “I think I have a bad part!” and we will be happy to replace them or it! However, if you get errors with both modules that would suggest some other problem and I would test them in another system or MB to be sure. In addition, with some MB's (Mostly ASUS) you have to disable legacy USB in the bios when running any memory test.

This DRAM part is not a publicly sold part, you would need to contact the reseller/system builder for more specifics. However, all of the value Select parts will run at the default voltage and timings for the respective speed grade.

IE there is no published spec for this part as it is not sold as a single module or pair and only with a system.

However, let's see what we can do. Enter your BIOS and try these settings:

Advanced:

JumperFree Configuration

AI Tuning = Manual

Overclock Options = Disabled

Memory Voltage = 2.013v

NB Core Voltage = 1.393

Chipset:

Memory Timing Setting

tCL = 5

tRCD = 5

tRP = 5

tRAS = 18

Command Per Clock = 2 Clocks

tRRD = Auto

tRC = Auto

tWR = Auto

tWTR = Auto

tREF = Auto

tRD = 7

tRFC = 114

Async Latency = Auto

CPU Spread Spectrum = Auto

PCIE Spread Spectrum = Auto

SATA Spread Spectrum = Auto

LDT Spread Spectrum = Auto

LDT Frequency = 4x

USB Configuration

USB Controllers = Enabled

USB Legacy Support = Disabled (Disable when you memtest. Enable afterwards if you have usb keyboard)

USB 2.0 Controller = Enabled

Run Memtest. Results?

This DRAM part is not a publicly sold part, you would need to contact the reseller/system builder for more specifics. However, all of the value Select parts will run at the default voltage and timings for the respective speed grade.

IE there is no published spec for this part as it is not sold as a single module or pair and only with a system.

However, let's see what we can do. Enter your BIOS and try these settings:

Run Memtest. Results?

first off thx for the time u spent typeing that and trying to help me and i set everything up like that i ran memtest and the tests go fine untill the 5th test it gets tons of errors at like the last 3% of the test but when i do each one individualy it doesnt just like before witch is weird i think idk maybe its just a kinda thing i just overlook or havent checked for but idk like an example of when i get BSOD if it helps is in Counter Strike Source i get BSOD not all the time but often enough and it seems whenever i run Vent and say a program like Everquest 2 or sometimes vent and firefox.ect

Here's the thing. Dual Channel is not a function of the DRAM. It is a function of the on motherboard memory controller (Northbridge). All the DRAM has to do is fulfil the Dual Channel Requirements of having identical SPD and timings.

Corsair will RMA the DRAM for you, however the issue is your motherboard and when the new DRAM comes, you will have the same issue. Are you still under warranty for your motherboard?

Archived