Corsair Community

a7n8x-deluxe v2 twinx 1024-3200LL Overclocking help

System info is in sig. Was wondering if any of you could give me a base line of settings to use with this cpu and memory combo. atm i only had money for ram, as i needed it more for my cad design programs then i did the pcu. Im looking for the best gaming/best bandwidth settings. FSB / Multi. Memory settings. PS Ya i feel pretty noobish , i havent overclocked since i had a Duron 800 or 900, Which i had well over 1200. But as i said its been awhile and im just needing some baselines. Timings on ram would help alot too.

flash to bios 1004 (use dos: awdflash BIOS.BIN /py /sn /cc /cd /cp /LD /R <-- replace BIOS with your bios filename.). if your on sata (which i see that you are), you can get Uber 1004 enhanced SATA, which includes the sata fix. be warned, as flashing to a non standard bios will void your warranty. you can get that bios here: [url]http://homepage.ntlworld.com/michael.mcclay/[/url] switch from uniprocessor PC to ACPI PC (system->device manager->computer). this will halp in giving you positive reenforcement to reaching higher fsb's. lock agp @ 66, cpu interface aggressive (this is command rate 1T), disable all spread spectrums. go no higher then 2.6 (usually) or 2.7 (for some batches) vdimm if you have rev 1.2 of 3200LL (winbond ch-5). use slots 1&3 for matched dual channel config and 2&3 for umatched dual channel config. use slot 3 (furthest from the cpu) for single channel 1 stick of ram. >=200FSB CL2T, 2(tRP)-3(tRCD)-11(tRAS) - tight CL2T 3-3-11 - moderate Cl2T 3-4-11 - loose you can roll back your memory drivers (even the ultra 400 driver) back to windows stock/generic, to gain some more mem throughput (how much, depends on what fsb mark your at). be very careful with FSB and cpu adjustments. im assuming you dont have the -E board which has a bios recovery option. if your on a -D board and or prior, i would pick up an extra bios chip and or a bios saviour. these boards have a bios corruption issue. my board just died from bios corruption.. need to get the bios chip replaced... there might be a few more things im forgetting, but that should be the jist of them.

Thanks pershoot ill give it a shot. CMC_SAVAGE I have had the computer for ...well a little longer then the raptor sata drives have been around so close to 2 years most likely a year and a half. At that time the Bartons were new and fairly unchecked as to the ability of overclocking and such. So i went with something I knew would work. I should have gone to the 333 but beyond the reasons i gave it was also the most expensive at the time at around 240 or so.

PC Wizard results. General Information : CPU ID : 681 CPU IDEx : 781 Revision : B0 Model : AMD Athlon(tm) Codename : Thoroughbred Technology : 0.13µ Initial Frequencies : Frequency : 1466 MHz Front Side Bus Speed : 133 MHz General Information : Real Frequency : 1929.3 MHz Performance Rating : 2300 PR Multiplier : 11x General Information : NorthBridge : nVidia nForce2 Ultra 400 SouthBridge : nForce2 ISA Bridge NorthBridge Information : Architecture : Northbridge Manufacturer : nVidia Revision : C1 Front Side Bus Speed : 175.4 MHz Bus Speed : 350.8 MHz (DDR) Memory Bus Speed : 175.4 MHz MB info. Product : A7N8X2.0 Version : REV 2.xx General Information : DDR1 : Empty DDR2 (RAS 2, RAS 3) : 512 (Double Bank) - DIMM DDR3 (RAS 4, RAS 5) : 512 (Double Bank) - DIMM Memory Controller Information : Memory Controller : DIMM, SDRAM Number of connectors : 3 Max. Module Size : 1000 Mb Max. Memory Size : 3000 Mb Supported Speed : 70ns, 60ns, 50ns Supported Voltages : 3.3v Error Detection Method : No Error Correction Capability : Unspecified Current/Supported Interleave : Unspecified/Unspecified Chipset Information : Type : DDR-SDRAM PC2800 Frequency : 175 MHz FSB/DRAM Multiplier : 1/1x Channels : Dual ECC Diagnostic : No CAS Latency (tCL) : 2 clocks RAS to CAS (tRCD) : 4 clocks RAS Precharge (tRP) : 3 clocks Cycle Time (tRAS) : 11 clocks Information EEPROM (DDR2)(DDR3) : Manufacturer : Corsair Part Number : CMX512-3200LL Serial Number : Type : DDR-SDRAM PC3200 (200 MHz) Size : 512 Mb (2 rows, 4 banks) Module Buffered : No Module Registered : No Width : 64 bits Error Correction Capability : No Max. Burst Length : 8 Refresh : Reduced (.5x)7.8 µs, Self Refresh Voltage : SSTL 2.5 Supported Frequencies : 200 MHz CAS Latency (tCL) : 2 clocks @200 MHz RAS to CAS (tRCD) : 3 clocks @200 MHz RAS Precharge (tRP) : 2 clocks @200 MHz Cycle Time (tRAS) : 6 clocks @200 MHz Long post but wanted to be complete. Going to raise FSB a bit more. and prolly back the chip off a tad to keep it around 2ghz and running cool, If you have any comments by all means post them. Just kinda being easy on it as to not screw up anything. If you see something blatently wrong please post =)

Further OC'ing General Information : Real Frequency : 2004.6 MHz Performance Rating : 2500 PR Multiplier : 10x Front Side Bus Information : Front Side Bus Speed : 200.5 MHz Bus Speed : 400.9 MHz (DDR) Initial Frequencies : Frequency : 1333 MHz Front Side Bus Speed : 133 MHz Prime95 6 hours No errors Memtest 2 hours No errors NorthBridge Information : Architecture : Northbridge Manufacturer : nVidia Revision : C1 Front Side Bus Speed : 200.5 MHz Bus Speed : 400.9 MHz (DDR) Memory Bus Speed : 200.5 MHz memtest86 2 hours No Errors Prime 95 4 hours No Errors

Was playing MOHaa and it seems to play fine , loaded T3 up just for the heck of it and it hangs every 6-10 seconds and then its unsticks. and it does this from start of the game to the end. Might look for UT2004 or something for more tests. anyone ever experience this ?

Front Side Bus Information : Front Side Bus Speed : 200.5 MHz Bus Speed : 400.9 MHz (DDR) Initial Frequencies : Frequency : 1333 MHz Front Side Bus Speed : 133 MHz Looks like your cpu is at 1300Mhz and ran at 200Mhz. U have auto FSB/DRAM on look at sig above he uses 4/4. Learn well. BTW nothing wrong with 1800+, the DLT3C when just as good clockers as the 1700+ dlt3c. I know I had one. Have u heard of the new mobile cpus? THey are all the rage. They are cheap if u live in America.

Archived