Corsair Community

installed new 200 ex on p4 3.2

voodoothenoob

very simple install w/no issues other than i did not receive any manual other than quick start up guide which lacks an explanation on how to use the set button on the external unit. [COLOR=DarkOrange]How do I set so it will shut down machine if temps reach a certain limit?[/COLOR] anyway, performance is very silent unless in turbo mode, which then did not decrease temps at idle. my cpu is at 30.0 celsius. havent gamed with it yet but tried overclocking cpu more to no avail. on air w/zalman heatsink i overclocked to 3.6 and thats what i can attain w/water so i feel that the main benefit for me is silence. However the biggest issue I see is that no gpu cooling benefit is available at this time. this means my overclocked 9800 pro still requires side panel to remain off due to cooling. if side panel is put on, i can not achieve the desired overclocks as w/it off. so i hope they release gpu blocks soon :!: cause without it, I dont see a benefit (other than silence) over air cooled. will post in a couple hours to see how it performs while under load.

• Corsair Employees
The shut down alarm is automatically set to shut down at 55 C. The audio alarm is set to 50 c from the factory. A copy of the manual in .pdf format can be downloaded [URL=http://www.corsairmemory.com/corsair/products/specs/HydroCoolManualENGLISH.pdf]here[/URL].

Archived