Corsair Community

Leadtek WinFast K7NCR18D and Corsair 3200C2 512 MB

DesiredOne

I am stuck here on trying to figure out if these are incompatible together. I bought a computer from a company online and configured it. The Ram was a special they were running so the upgrade was great, at least I thought. I have a Athlon 2800 XP Winfast K7NCR18D/G 2(512 MB) of Corsair 3200C2 Ram Which were in slots 1&2 when I recieved the computer. GeForce 4 TI 4800 I experienced a loud continuous noise so I shut down computer for a day. I am freezing all the time now. I have tried the Slot1&3 and slot 2&3, and each individually. I managed to run one stick of ram at a time fine, but once I had them together they freeze me up. I have not updated my bios but I haven't found that on their site as an issue. And would really like some help on this before I ditch this ram in the trash. Thank you for taking the time to read this and hope someone can help me before I go through gamming withdrawals. Thanks Desi

• Corsair Employees
A continuous beep would suggest that CPU may be running too hot. Please check the CPU temp. And I would suggest that you test the modules one at a time with [url]www.memtest86.com[/url] to be sure.

Archived