Corsair Community

TRAP00000002-----EXCEPTION---- What is this?

Pegasus

My system locks up after around 30 minutes of game-play, even on non-grahics-intensive games. Surfing the web, 30 minutes to 1 hour. Pressing the reset button, if it even restarts, the system will give the BIOS version, CPU speed & temp, but will not POST. CPU temp at this point is around 120F-123F. After CPU temp drops to 114, system will post, but then I get a strange screen with the header:TRAP 00000002-------------EXCEPTION-------------, follwed by several lines of codes, ie; tr=0028 cr0=80000011 cr2=00000000 cr3=00039000 gdt limit=03FF base=0003F000 idt limit=07FF base=0003F400, etc... The only text reads: NoCy NoZr IntDis Down TrapDis, followed by more lines of codes: eax=00433334 ebx=00000000 ecx=00060BCC edx=... My system specs are: Win XP Home Ed. SP1 AMD Athalon XP 2600+ w/ Thermaltake Volcano7 & Artic Silver 2 SOYO KT400 Dragon Ultra Platinum w/K7VX4-2AA8 BIOS ATI Radeon 9700 Pro 128MB VPU w/BGA heatsinks newest VIA Hyperon driver Corsair XMS3200CL2PT 512MB RAM Maxtor Max9 80Gb H/D Creative Audigy Gamer 5.1 Creative Modem PCI D15633 BenQ 52x24x52 CDR/RW A4Tech 4 button mouse Compaq SK-2800C Keyboard KDS VS7i Monitor

System @ Normal, CPU(AXDA2600KV3D) @ 133MHz, doesn't want to boot at 166MHz, multiplier default, Memory @ 200MHz. Advanced Tune-Up Settings: DRAM Timing: Manual CAS Latency: 2 Bank Interleave: 4Bank Precharge to Active(Trp): 3T Active to Precharge(Tras): 6T Active to CMD(Trcd): 3T DRAM Burst Length: 8 DRAM Command Rate: 1T DRAM Access Time: 2T DRAM Queue Depth: 2 DRAM tWTR: 1T Write Recovery Time: 2T AGP Performance: Normal AGP Fastwrite: Disabled

• Corsair Employees
Please load setup defaults and then set the settings listed bellow, all settings that are not listed just set them to Auto or Bios default. CPU Freq: 166Mhz CPU Multiplier: AUTO System performance: User Defined Dim Reference Voltage: 2.7 Volts Memory Freq: 100% CPU Interface: optimal Memory Timings: Manual Resulting Frequency: 166MHz SDRAM CAS Latency: 2T SDRAM RAS to CAS Delay (tRCD): 3T SDRAM Row Precharge (tRP): 2T SDRAM Active to Precharge Delay (tRAS): 5T Then please run [url]www.memtest86.com[/url]

RamGuy, Thanks for pin-pointing where each setting is supposed to go. There are a lot of settings for RAM in the KT400 MOBO. Unfortunately, I have discovered this: If you set the CPU FSB at 333, the the RAM will run at PC2700. I finally figured out what was causing all my headaches. I was lying in bed last night when it finally dawned on me. I had refunded a customer for the Robanton LP-6100E P/S about a year or so ago. He said it was locking his system up. Rather than send it in, I installed it in my old system, and it worked fine. I just recently upgraded my system with the aforementioned components, and that's when all the trouble began. This evening, after heating up my system, and several re-boot attemps, I quickly wired up my old C&S 300W P/S, and VOILA!, it works like a charm. I've had several P/S go bad, but that was my first experience with the mysterious screen of fatal codes. I'll beef it up shortly, as I know I'll ne the extra wattage sooner or later. Thanks again, and keep up the good work. It's good to know there a people like you who will take the time to help others. Just remember, we're not ALL dumb, some of us are just ignorant!

• Corsair Employees
Well no offence taken or meant! If you do find anyone to talk to I have 2 of those PSU's I purchased personally and neither one has worked from day one. 3.3 Volt is anywhere from 2.2 Volts to 4.5 Volts! And as for as I know their web site has been off line for some time! :eek:

None taken! It was just a figure of speech, but it's also very true. Ignorance is the absence of knowlege, and that's what I and others coming to this board are seeking. As far as the PSU goes, I bought it on an on-line auction, at a really good price. I know better now. At least I'll get a couple of spare fans and grills out of it. All is not lost!

• 3 months later...
Pegasus, Did you find out what caused this error message. I've just gotten it play URU. URU continues to lock up, but this is the first time I've seen this error. System: Soyo KT400 Black Dragon 8X AGP AMD XP2500+ NVIDIA GeForce FX 5700 1 GB DDR Ram Any help would be apreciated. Seelie

Archived