Corsair Community

PC4800-E-Deluxe

Mikli

Hello Ram Guy I have a P4C800-E-Deluxe Have 2 sticks of 256A PC3200 C2 modules I have bought one board and sent it back thinking it was Memory contoller problem. I called Asus and got relly no questions answered about what is the compatibility of these sticks, they should be compatible as the 3500C2 are same specs. Any here is what happened I bought this combo and sent the board back I worked on it for 4 hours to no avail of Installing Win XP correctly...except once it did install but on Reboot cot an error Windows\system32\config\system file is missing or corrupt. Called Asus today as I have received another one of the boards ON RMA from the First one. Different Board Same things ahppening...except getting error on File can not be copied different ones at different times of Format C: and reinstall. I am sure getting the Format C: process down Pat now....lol Any all specs in Bios were default although I tried different timings and setups with ASUS and My self. To no Avial on the corruption. The specs of the SYS are the corsair sticks the ASUS motherboard 420W PSU 80GB WD HD ATA 100 Video card is just a Cheap 8MB card istalled for testing this thing. I look at the Qualificatin gudes ETC. It should the PC3500C2 XMS as comaptible and the 3200C2 compatible on another ASUS board. It shows also the TWINX 3200LL and the 3200C2 I can't believe that there is a difference between the TWINX 3200C2

• Corsair Employees
There should be no problem with these modules and this MB, can you tell me the speed of the CPU you have installed and it's FSB and the bios settings you have set for both CPU and memory?

Hello: Ram Guy I have talked to Corsair Tech support one thing I forgot to do was test these Puppies with Memtest V 3.0. I did so with both sticks and and got errors on the first pass #5 I then tested one at a time....... 1 stick no errors 14 passes complete the other stick got errors on the 1st pass #5 this stick was BAD stick I sent the two sticks back and got TWINX PC3200LL (not Pro) don't care about Flashy lights..lol I just put the TWINX 3200LL in and ran them in DUAL channel 4 passes with memtest no errors. The funny thing is the Timings I set Manually with Corsair Tech for the 3200C2 sticks were still left there at 2 3 3 6 the TWINX stock timings at 2 3 2 6..... I got no errors at the 2 3 3 6 timings on memtest V3.0. I did not try the stock Timings. My Question is should I leave them alone or change them to the Stock speed. also what does this mean SDRAM Bank Interleave: 4 Bank is this the DRAM burst Length if so It is set at 8 right now with the 3200C2 settings. Oh and one other detail the Dual Channel is set for DIMM 1 & 2 (blue slots) thks

• Corsair Employees
I would try and set the timings manually to the tested settings Cass 2-2-3-6 with the Rass to Cass set to "3" and set the Dim Voltage to 2.75 Volts. Then test it both ways with Aida32 and see which setting is faster.

[quote name='RAM GUY']I would try and set the timings manually to the tested settings Cass 2-2-3-6 with the Rass to Cass set to "3" and set the Dim Voltage to 2.75 Volts. Then test it both ways with Aida32 and see which setting is faster.[/QUOTE] Hello: Ram Guy I will Try this to see....thanks Will let you Know

Archived