Corsair Community

Memory Compatibility with Asus A7n8X Deluxe 2.0

zcarmella

[B][COLOR=RoyalBlue]I purchased 3 Corsair 512mb PC2700 (CMX512-2700C2) XMS DDR 333MHz w/Black Heat Spreader, for my Asus A7N8X-Deluxe motherboard 2.0 with n-force2 chipset, I also have the AMD 3000+ cpu installed, My problem is sometime not all the time but once in a while I get a message from the post reporter durning boot up that system failed memory test. So what I do is reboot and the reporter states "system complete now booting from operating system". Everything is ok after that, My question was first to Asus if there was a problem with their motherboard or the post reporter. They informed me that I should check with memory manufacters to see if the memory modules that I am using have been tested or certified with the chipset of this motherboard. So this is my question has this type of memory been tested or certified for this motherboard. Once in a while and not often my system when it boots to windows it will restart by itself. But my performance when I am in windows seem to be great,I see no problems at all. My operating system is WinXP pro. I did notice when I check on Corsair web site for the cross reference guide that the recommended configuration for memory on this motherboard is, for 512 MByte the 1x TWINX512-3200C2/3200LL or the 1 GByte 1x TWINX1024-3200C2/3200LL. I was hoping the memory that I have would do , other wise I have to shell out more money to replace all three modules. If anyone can help me with this it would be appreciated. Thank You[/B][/COLOR] :):

• Corsair Employees
I would try and set the timings manually to Cass 2.5-3-3-7 and set the Dim Voltage to 2.7 Volts and see if that does not solve the problem. If not I would suggest that you run [url]www.memtest86.com[/url] on the modules and let us make sure one is not failing. However, if you get errors with them all together please test them one at a time at Cass 2-3-3-7 to be sure one is not weak or failing.

Archived