Corsair Community

CMX512-3200C2 and MSI K8T NEO-FIS2R

Gophy

I've searched around this forum for help about my problem, but can't find any solution... I have tried different ways to solve my problem - but it might turn out as one of the A64/MSI/Corsair issues... :[pouts: My problem: My system hangs for a while (random, but generally 4-8 minutes) at the bios post screen (Please see the attached pic). After this, everything "seems" to work just fine - Quick Windows boot +++. I've tried to manually set the timings at the recommended values for my module and DDR-volt up to 2.7V. Anyone had the same problem / solution for this? Will i.e. a set of TWINX1024-3200LL solve this issue? System: AMD 64 - 3000+ (ADA3000AEP4AP) MSI K8T NEO-FIS2R Corsair CMX512-3200C2 Sapphire Radeon 9600pro Antec TRUE380S powersupply (Supplied with the Antec Sonata case). Samsung SP1614C 160GB S-ATA (connected to the promise controller). Nec 2500A DVD-+R/RW Waterchill CPU/Chipset/GPU cooler (CPU: 32C, System 36C) Please help!

Today, I went to a local computerstore here in Bergen, Norway and bought a pretty high priced (~US $420!) set of TWINX1024-3200LL. But the problem is still the same (as posted above)... There must be anyone around with with similar problems... :confused:

• Corsair Employees
Please make sure that you have the latest bios installed and then install the modules in slots 1-3 and set the Dim Voltage to 2.7 Volts and leave the timngs set to By SPD and that should solve the problem.

Thanks for your reply! :): I tested all possible solutions/combinations, but nothing would work... So I decided to rebuild my computer. At this moment, it's been stable (no boot-up problems so far.. :D: ) for about 8 hours with the following memory-setup: 1: TWINX1024-3200LL #1 2: CMX512-3200C2 3: TWINX1024-3200LL #2 @DDR333, 2-3-3-7 :sigh!: , 2,5V (Everything on auto)... At this point I won't remove anything since everything seems to work fine.

Archived