Corsair Community

4x1Gb of TwinX2 pc6400 ok with P5E?

Borgster

Recently purchased 4x1gb sticks 2 matched pairs x 2 of XMS2 EPP Corsair CM2X1024-6400C4 4-4-4-12

Hope it is compatible with the asus P5E and I am hoping that the ram i just recently purchased will be compatible and work with that mobo.

If it does would you happen to know what voltage settings I would need to set it at. Alot of people are saying that 2.1volts is what it should be set at but none of them are running 4x1gb sticks so it might be different?

any help would be appreciated..Thank You for reading.

Recently purchased 4x1gb sticks 2 matched pairs x 2 of XMS2 EPP Corsair CM2X1024-6400C4 4-4-4-12

Hope it is compatible with the asus P5E and I am hoping that the ram i just recently purchased will be compatible and work with that mobo.

If it does would you happen to know what voltage settings I would need to set it at. Alot of people are saying that 2.1volts is what it should be set at but none of them are running 4x1gb sticks so it might be different?

You will very likely have to drop the DRAM speed to 667Mhz if you populate all four DRAM banks. Set the DRAM to 2.1v and the timings to 4-4-4-12

I did what I don’t like other users to do and that’s jump into a new forum and start asking questions. Found out my compatibility issue with the Ram Guy sticky on that exact question I had and found that it works just fine.

Thanks for the quick response that’s really good to know, your saying that 4 x 1 GB sticks I actually have to decrease my ram speed from 800 MHz to 667. That’s a no-no for me ill just stick to 2 of them and give the other 2 for a Christmas gift or something :P.

So from my understanding 4gb of ram will actualy make my system slower then 2gbs of ram for the up and coming pciX 2.0 running windows vista ultimate?

So from my understanding 4gb of ram will actualy make my system slower then 2gbs of ram for the up and coming pciX 2.0 running windows vista ultimate?

Not really. For computer use under 2GB, the system will run a bit slower. For computer use that can actually make use of the 2 -4GB, then the system will run a fair bit faster considering there will be far less need to swap out to the hard drive.

Archived