Corsair Community

Corsair CM2x1024-6400C4 Possible Bad after time?

ugzz

Have been having trouble with my computer since i bought the parts a few months back. After trying just about everything i could think of i stumbled upon this site and though hey, i have corsair ram, maybe ill memtest it. So i did, and when both sticks are plugged in i get a memtest full of errors, and when i plug in each stick one by one, the first stick passes with flying colors, and the second just crashes memtest, the entire screen freezes during test 4. I rebooted and re-ran it about 5 times and it finally started flashing red errors on the screen before locking up. As i said, the first stick is fine, but when both are inserted its just one failure or random reboot after another. Also it looks like the ram only causes windows problem when really taxed. Playing older games and using low memory applications cause littles issue, but anything more then that and i was getting contant reboots.

My question is, whats my next step? and am i missing anything else to check?

for the record i have been working with computers for years and am fairly certain ive tried everything, and considering the memtest errors im not sure if there are any other options other then returning it.

Memory in question: Corsair CM2X1024-6400C4 (running at 4-4-4-12 @ 2.1v)

btw: thank you corsair for printing timing and voltage on the stick! :D

Also i have never had a bad corsair stick in my years of building and using corsair, thats why it took me so long to deduce a ram issue.

Archived