Corsair Community

defective HC200

abc311

i bought my hydrocool about 6-8 months ago, and up untill now everythings been fine and running good. Now whenever i turn my comp on the LCD screen flashes 8.8.8.8. while beeping and turning itself onto turbo mode. i think this is wats sposed to happen when its too hot and thats the alarm, buts its not too hot cuz the probe on my mobo tells me its 85F and even when i unplug the probe one the water block it still beeps. anyone else have this problem? another question i have is if i buy a new one right now from corsair then as soon as its here and installed, can i just send the old one back and get reinbursed or watever. cuz i dont feel like not having a comp for a week or 2. thnks

A thought to troubleshoot, if you unplug the temperature probe from the PCI bracket connector, this opens the thermister circuit and the temp reading should then default lower ... well below room temp. If temp display (and alarm) remains high, then you have a defective Hydrocool main board. I would suggest that you call their support number directly rather than relying on this post area as it seems to be only infrequently monitored by Corsair. Hopefully they won't tangle you up in weeks of RMA baloney ... too bad they don't ship replacements immediately and have you return defective later. Many companies will do so provided you give them a credit card # for security purposes. Good luck. KK

• Corsair Employee
Please email me your contact information at [email]coolguy@corsairmemory.com[/email] with a good time to contact you. I would suggest following Kooler Kings suggestion for the trouble shooting the product. If you unplug the thermistor from the PCI card the Hydrocool unit should read 12 C at all times. Let me know. Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...
[quote name='abc311']sooo................ are u ever gonna call me?[/QUOTE] abc311, In searching this forum, I found the Corsair Customer Service forum. This should work with the HydroCool since it is one of their products. Give it a try, it can't hurt any. :p: [url]http://www.houseofhelp.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=6286[/url] Sorry that you are bummed, I would be too under your situation. With so many HC's sold, the small failures that do turn up should get priority by Corsair rather than answering general questions in the forum. :sigh!: I just hope Monday isn't a holiday. Stev

• Corsair Employee
If you are still having problems with your unit, lets get it replaced. Please send us an email with a copy of the [URL=http://www.corsairmemory.com/main/rma_request.xls]FORM[/URL] or you can send all of your info(full name, shipping address, phone # with area code, the module part #, quantity to be replaced, and a copy of the link to this post). Email it to [email]rma@corsairmemory.com[/email]. If after 1 day or 24 hours excluding weekends you do not get the rma please email the same to [email]warranty@corsairmemory.com[/email] and we will help to resolve it. Thank You!

ITS YOUR POWER SUPPLY....HOW MANY WATTS AND HOW OLD IS IT? IF YOU HAVE A HIGH POWERED GFX CARD LIKE THE 5950 OR 9800 PLUS AN OC'ED CPU AND\OR MOBO, RUNNING A HC200 ON TOP OF ALL THAT IS A LOT I HAD THAT SAME PROBLEM UNTIL I GOT A 500W PSU. [quote name='abc311']i bought my hydrocool about 6-8 months ago, and up untill now everythings been fine and running good. Now whenever i turn my comp on the LCD screen flashes 8.8.8.8. while beeping and turning itself onto turbo mode. i think this is wats sposed to happen when its too hot and thats the alarm, buts its not too hot cuz the probe on my mobo tells me its 85F and even when i unplug the probe one the water block it still beeps. anyone else have this problem? another question i have is if i buy a new one right now from corsair then as soon as its here and installed, can i just send the old one back and get reinbursed or watever. cuz i dont feel like not having a comp for a week or 2. thnks[/QUOTE]

[quote name='nleber']ITS YOUR POWER SUPPLY....HOW MANY WATTS AND HOW OLD IS IT? IF YOU HAVE A HIGH POWERED GFX CARD LIKE THE 5950 OR 9800 PLUS AN OC'ED CPU AND\OR MOBO, RUNNING A HC200 ON TOP OF ALL THAT IS A LOT I HAD THAT SAME PROBLEM UNTIL I GOT A 500W PSU.[/QUOTE] Nleber, Now that is food for thought. That would explain the 8.8.8.8. on the display, LOW VOLTAGE. My home stereo does that when my computer, TV and VCR are all running. The display goes very dim and blinks a random line here and there. Then the speakers cut out. The HydroCool runs fine, but I can see (hear) what your talking about. Stev

i, pretty sure i have plenty..... i have 550 watts... i have a 9800 pro, 2 10,000 rpm harddrives, neons, 4 fans, 3 cd drives, floppy, i want to talk to you first before i send it.... because i know im not gonna have a comp for a few weeks if i send the unit in or RMA it or watever, and i dont want that... so im honestly thinking about just buying a whole new one and maybe selling this one or somthing..

go to frys and but a new 530w psu, put it in......if if still doest the 8.8.8.8. thing, take it out and return the PSU......SO EASY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :!: [quote name='abc311']i, pretty sure i have plenty..... i have 550 watts... i have a 9800 pro, 2 10,000 rpm harddrives, neons, 4 fans, 3 cd drives, floppy, i want to talk to you first before i send it.... because i know im not gonna have a comp for a few weeks if i send the unit in or RMA it or watever, and i dont want that... so im honestly thinking about just buying a whole new one and maybe selling this one or somthing..[/QUOTE]

hiho guys of kewl water, regarding the rma number any way to change the unit in germany ? As so fas as i know my local dealer bought his units from an german distributor called "COS AG". Every info is much appreciated and hopefully helps me to get an new working one. Now the problem in details : By starting the computer my hc200 runs even higher than turbo mode and temperatures up to 37+ are normal condition. Temporary in germany we have 10+ so really nothing and i am affraid for next spring or even summer. I checked simply everything : water & green fluid up to max not even an oc cpu. The only thing is that the pump sounds like not pumping the water with the needed pressure. Thanks in advance Asd

Archived