Corsair Community

Is my mem compatible MSI KT8 & 1 stick of 512mb XMS3200C2PT Registered

a2bcat

System not booting, so trying various options. Power Supply working fine as it has been swapped to other pc. When power button pressed all fans spin up (cpu/case/vga) but nothing else & no post or beebs, currently looking for more solutions to this. Just wanted to know if this memory is compatible with the MSI KT8 Neo m/b? Corsair 512MB DDR XMS3200C2PT PLATINUM REGISTERED CAS2.

I will talk to the seller later today & ask what they can do, I hope they can exchange as this mem stick cost a fortune. I did not know registered would not work. Told me as I cut the bottom of the packet they cannot exchange :(: I have now ordered some new ram. 1 x CRUCIAL TWINX1024-3200LL as per the Recommended Configuration on the corsair website.

Is this the type of memory that will work? Corsair 1GB DDR XMS3200C2PT TwinX (2x512MB) CAS2 A matched pair of 512MB XMS3200C2 memory modules - 1GB total - ideal for dual DDR motherboards Thanks for your help :):

• Corsair Employees
Twinx1024-3200C2 should run great in this MB, just use slots 1-3 and set the timings manually to the tested settings, Cass 2-3-3-6 and set the Dim Voltage to 2.7 Volts. And if your reseller will email me I would be happy to RMA the modules for them and get them replaced with a new set if they will let you return them.

[quote name='RAM GUY']Twinx1024-3200C2 should run great in this MB, just use slots 1-3 and set the timings manually to the tested settings, Cass 2-3-3-6 and set the Dim Voltage to 2.7 Volts. And if your reseller will email me I would be happy to RMA the modules for them and get them replaced with a new set if they will let you return them.[/QUOTE] I have ordered this memory for next day delivery; 1 x CRUCIAL TWINX1024-3200LL 2 x (512MB) Confirmed postage was made today via amtrax next day & I have checked the tracking no on the amtrax website, It's on it's way :D: as the C2 type was out of stock, checked with corsair website that these will work with my MSI KT8 Neo Motherboard & it seems these are better than the C2? Can you please confirm the best slots to use 1-2 or 1-3? Timings? Dim Voltage? I think it's slots 1-3, Timings 2-3-2-6 & Dim voltage 2.7, but just want to be 100% sure before I install as they cost a fortune. Thanks for the offer regarding the uncompatible module CMX512R-3200C2PT :o: I will contact the supplier via phone in the morning (it's midnight here) and inform them of your offer as I got their supply details from the corsair website. You are welcome to e-mail me direct if required, many thanks for your help :D: cheers Ron

Opps :o: :o: :o: :o: Just received the CORSAIR TWINX1024-3200LLPT memory & installed it as per your suggestion. :D: :D: Just waiting to hear from the reseller re the reg mem. Thanks very much for your help

[quote name='a2bcat']Opps :o: :o: :o: :o: Just received the CORSAIR TWINX1024-3200LLPT memory & installed it as per your suggestion. :D: :D: Just waiting to hear from the reseller re the reg mem. Thanks very much for your help[/QUOTE] Update: still awaiting reply from the reseller.

Archived