Corsair Community

which mem timings for p4c800 e-deluxe?

cloak

ive just purchaced under the advice of you guys some twinx 1024-3200llpt dual ddr. it works a dream with my p4c800 e-deluxe with the spd timings, would i be able to tighten manually to gain some extra speed? if so what should the timings be, and what voltage should i use? ive got a p4, at 3.2 and 2xwd raptors in a raid 0. im new to memory timings and need a stable system. please help mr ram guy! :!:

• Corsair Employees
Please try settings the timings manually to the tested settings Cass 2-3-2-6 with the Rass to Cass set to "3". Then test the system both ways with Adia32 and see, which gives faster performance.

:sunglasse :sunglasse I've got the same base config you have (ASUS P4C800-E deluxe + 2x512Mb corsair XMS3200LL in dual package) the rest of my computer: - P4C 3.0Ghz (FSB800 + hyperthreading) - Hercules Radeon 9700pro - Creative Audigy player - D-Link 10/100 NIC - Pioneer DVD-106 so far I tested out : - SPD settings(2/3/2/6) + PAT enabled + voltage : 1.65v : Ok :D: (seems stable so far, the computer is running for about 6 month without trouble) - 2/2/2/6 + PAT enabled + voltage 1.65v : Failure :(: the Radeon 9700pro card reports a self-Bios error and ask for a floppy or Cd-Rom to flash herself (without allowing any motherboard BIOS access) (So I need to use the "setup Clear jumper" after that) from [url]http://www.hardware.fr/articles/470/page11.html[/url] you could see (in french) that these settings 2/2/2/6 + Pat enabled + 1.65v have been reported to work I don't know why my graphic card is involved in the process If the ram guy has anyway to improve stability OR performance I'll be happy to know (any information or link to information will be Ok) hope that information helps :D: Corsair ARE the BEST :D: :D: :D: :D: :D: :D: :p: :p: (I'm in love of the lifetime warranty, other manufacturers should take example from that) Ps: I hope my english is understandable :p: edit : lol the ram guy answered while I was answering :)

ive tried all possible timings, 2.5 3 3 8, 2 3 3 8, 2 3 4 8, 2 4 3 8, 2 3 2 6, 2 3 2 8, etc..etc.. but none of them pass the prime95 test, or boot at all. ive hit a dead end and am considering going back to my dealer and exchanging. what am i doing wrong? i even turn pat off and up the voltage to 2.65v but to no avail. please tell me this is normal coz they where bought over mail order and will take about 2 weeks to get replacements.. :[pouts: HELP! :mad:

• Corsair Employees
Please try the modules one at a time with [url]www.memtest.org[/url] and set the timings manually to the tested settings: Resulting Frequency: 200MHz/ DDR400 SDRAM CAS Latency: 2T SDRAM RAS to CAS Delay (tRCD): 3T SDRAM Row Precharge (tRP): 2T SDRAM Active to Precharge Delay (tRAS): 6T Then please test the memory with [url]www.memtest.org[/url], and I would set the Dim Voltage to 2.7 Volts. Please also disable legacy USB support when running this program. Nevertheless, let us make sure you do not have a bad module. In addition, please do not set any of the performance options in your bios.

Archived