Corsair Community

Hx620W Shocking me...Dominator locking up system!!!

Ungratefulone

Hey, I`ve been a corsair fan eversince i built my friends system with xms2 and loved the performance now i moved to europe a decided to build a system and bought myself a pair of Dominators :D: and got the HX620W while i was at it.. the pc is 2 month old now

ever since i first started using my pc i noticed i was getting small shocks i didnt think much of it thought it might be the case getting static .... or my imaginition ....than a few weeks ago my pc started to lock up for no apperent reason and at Random moments ....So i was like this is wierd.. Than yesterday i went to check on the components suspecting to be the ram .. gounded my self first ...by touching the metal parts of my case and Than ZAAAAPPPPP i got shocked i thought static charge but again zapp and it kep on doing that and it does that everytime i touch it ...even while im writing this my case is live!!!! even if i turn of the swithc i get shocked lightly what can i do plz help im a Computer science student and My pc is Esential to all my studies

• Corsair Employees
How do you have the power supply plugged into the outlet? Is it through a surge protector or back up UPS? Are you using all 3 prongs on the PSU cable to plug it into a power source? There may also be a grounding problem with your case. You may want to try removing the motherboard from the case and bench testing it to see if you have the same issues.

Archived